I looked around and could see that everyone was staring at me with visible shock.

I could hear them chat between each other, many whispering things such as "no way!" "did the princess say none?" "How can that be possible"

I wanted to run away but my feet and voice were frozen in spot.

I managed to avoid it on my birthday but I knew this day would one day come.

The day that everyone discovers that I, a princess of the empire can't use magic.

I don't understand. Even commoners have at least 1 magic aptitude so why is it that I was born as royalty but don't even have a single one?

I can feel everyones stares on me and I hate it.

Never in my life have I felt more ashamed about myself.

How I wish I could just dig a hole and hide away right now...

[ "Cadence are you okay?" ]

Miss Laora asks me whilst gripping my shoulders.

Her smile is so gentle and bright that I feel myself calm down a tad bit.

[ "It seems you aren't feeling so well right now. How about you go take a rest in the med bay? Eugene you know the school grounds well, may you accompany her?" ]

I look over and see Eugene nod silently.

Unlike everyone else whose looking at me with complicated expressions, his face is as stoic as it always is.

For some reason this also calms me a bit more.

Miss Laora gently pushes me towards him and motions for us to quickly go with her hands.

In my mind I silently thank her before following the lead of Eugene.

We walk in silence and not knowing where to look, I stare down at the ground watching our feet move.

I notice that his purposely slowing down his pace to match mine.

This makes my heart feel warm.

He may have said some harsh things at first, but he properly apologised already. Perhaps he isn't such a bad guy after all.

Still though, to have 2 encouters with him in the span of less than an hour is quite awkward.

Sigh, I ran away from him after making such a bold statement yet the next time we meet is in such a situation like this, how embarassing...

Eugene suddenly stops walking causing me to bump into his back and hit my nose.

O-ouch...

[ "...are you okay?" ]

He asks me with the same blank expression.

[ "y-yes I was just suprised a bit..." ]

Geez how lame can I possibly get...

[ "I see. We've arrived at the med bay." ]

He informs me whilst knocking on the door. When no one answers after a couple minutes he gives up and opens it himself.

I take a peek and see that besides a few white beds, a desk and medical cabinets, the room is empty.

[ "Seems like the nurse isn't here. For now just take a lay down on one of the beds" ]

[ "Ah- okay..." ]

I say before slowly walking to the closest bed and sitting down.

There's no way I can lay down and get comfortable with him around me!

If only I were more social then maybe it wouldn't be so awkward and quiet right now, sigh...

[ "...I'll go look for the nurse. You can just sleep if you feel sick." ]

He says after a while of an awkward silence between us two.

Before I can respond his already left the room and closed the door on his way.

Now that I'm completely alone, I let out a breath of relief and allow my body to fall onto the bed.

Suprisingly its quite soft and comfy.

I close my eyes and try my best to not recall the events that just happened.

Perhaps due to the stress and my lack of sleep last night, I felt quite drowsy laying here.

The sounds of chirping morning birds helped me to remain calm and distracted.

Not long after I felt myself become slowly and slowly less awake.

Both my body and mind were quiet drained and exhausted after all.

Chapter XXXV End

A/n: hey readers, sorry for no update in like a month. I've been bombarded with assessments and essays to write which has kinda drained my energy and motivation to do anything :(

Because of this I can't promise that the next update will be soon, however since I go on break soon I might be able to update a bit more frequently once that starts.

Also sorry that this chapter was a bit rushed but it's currently 4:30am as I'm writing this, I'm tired and sleep deprived but I was still determined to release a chapter before I sleep.

When I wake up and re read this chapter, please be warned and don't be too surpised if I possibly change or rewrite some parts.

Thanks for reading as always, you guys provide me with a motivation to continue ♡