Pilot

"Goodbye, my lovely angel!" said Lucy to Margo when she dropped her off at school.

"Goodbye, dearest mother!" called Margo back. She was looking very elegant in her black dress, gloves, boots, and with a bun in her hair.

"Will the girls be ok?"

"Of course they will. Goodbye sweetheart!" said Lucy.

Margo kissed her sisters and mother goodbye, then went off to school.

"Yay, it's my first day of school, it's going to be awesome!" said Margo, as she run up a tree trunk as if it was a pole vault and cheered.

Then suddenly, Edith awoke her from her dream."

Wake up Margo, it's your first day of school!" she said, dumping a bucket of water on her.

"Come on, it can't be…" she thought, then looked at the calendar beside her bed.And lo and behold, the first day of school was circled in red magic marker, with the words "First Day of School!" written by it.

"Oh brother!" said Margo.

The morning was pretty hard for Margo. Everything reminded her of school, especially the letter-shaped pancakes her father Gru made.

"Dad, please!" said Margo.

"What, a father can't celebrate his girls' first day of school?" he replied.

Margo just sighed. Her father did work hard for his girls, she had to admit.

Lucy then drove the three girls to school.

Agnes went to Sunnycare Elementary.

Edith went to Woodstown Junior High.

And Margo went to Roosevelt High School.

"Bye, sweetie. Make good choices!" said Lucy as she dropped her off.

Margo rolled her eyes as she walked into school.

Things went from bad to worse there.When she walked in, she tripped over a pencil, and everyone laughed, including a girl named Judy.Judy had blonde hair, always wore her hair with a red velvet headband, and was the meanest and most popular girl in school.

Margo started to cry, but pulled herself together.

"Aww, are you upset because you got your feelings hurt?" said Judy in a babyish, mocking tone of voice.

Margo just ignored her.

Her first class was math, her least favorite subject.In class, the teacher, Mrs. Horton, introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Mrs. Horton, and I'm here to make our experience as enjoyable as possible!" she said.

Typical teacher stuff, thought Margo to herself.

But then, she started asking some difficult questions.

"What's pi to the 5th decimal?"Margo raised her hand. 

She may have disliked math, but that didn't mean she wasn't good at it.

"Yes?" she said."3.14159," said Margo.She then started asking more questions, as to which Margo knew them all.

To Mrs. Horton, not only did Margo sound like a smart kid, she sounded too smart for the class!

She also noticed during lunch time, instead of talking with other girls, she was reading a book. 

The book was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde."Margo, why are you reading?" she asked Margo."Because I find books more interesting than other girls' conversations?" 

Margo replied.She was concerned. 

The next day, she arranged a conference with her parents, Lucy and Gru.

"So Margo sounds like a smart kid, but rather anti-social," she told Lucy and Gru."Well, Margo has always been the awkward nerd type," said Gru. 

Then he realized that that was what he was like as a boy."Also, Margo lived in an orphanage for a few years, until Gru adopted her. Then, how should I put this, crazy stuff started happening," said Lucy.

"It's hard to be going to a new school, especially when your life is as exciting as Margo's. It's also sad that Margo doesn't have a lot of friends, and if you don't challenge her, she'll get bored easily."

"Well, she does have a friend named Avery whom she met at summer camp," said Gru.

"That's still not a lot," said Lucy.

"Can you find Margo a friend?" she asked Mrs. Horton.

"Well, I do know of a special education class at Roosevelt High. Maybe Margo would like to go?"

"Don't see why not. She'll do much better there," said Lucy.

Gru agreed, and the two started filling out papers.

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Will Margo be comfortable?"

Lucy asked Mrs. Horton.

"We'll see. If it works, great, if not, we'll try something else," said Mrs. Horton.