Chapter 14: The Attack

Start from the beginning

Mr. Park shouted to the school's guard, Mr. Kyungho "Close the gate, Kyungho !!!"

"Who are they?" I asked Hyunjin who me is just beside.

"I don't have any idea!"

Mr Park and other teachers ordered all students to enter the class. I also came in and confused on what was going on? All motorcyclists are in their school uniform. Each carried a "Samurai" sword, a type of long sword from Japan commonly that were used by ninjas. They raised their motorbikes and one of them shouted loudly, "Jisung! Get out. Show yourself. Coward!"

They pelted the school with stones. One of them hit the glass of a classroom's window that is located near the gate. Minnie said that they are from another high school's motorcycle gang. They are looking for Jisung.

"Earlier, I saw Jisung at the Chou's Cafe," I said.

"But Lia is there too." I got worried.

I'm getting restless. Where are you, Ryujin? I ran to the door to get out and find Ryujin. I need her right now.

"Yeji!" Soyeon shouted to prevent me from running to leave the classroom.

"No, Yeji!" that particular voice had really prevented me from leaving the class.

I turned around to face Chaeryeong. She gave me a tight smile, trying to assure me that Ryujin is okay.

"Both Ryujin and Lia will be okay." She reassured while caressing my back. I calmed down a bit, leaning to her side.

I tried to call her phone.

"Don't. Maybe they are hiding. Your call could put them in danger." Chaeryeong took my phone out of reach.

I sighed. I know that she is right. I'm getting restless. I was too worried for Ryujin and Lia's safety. I was worried that Ryujin might be beaten up by the gang. Especially when both of Ryujin and Lia are well-known as Jisung's friends in a motorcycle gang. They were still making a ruckus at the school's gate. They were still throwing pebbles and stones towards the school's buildings, yelling Jisung's name.

Shortly thereafter, they left the school's gate. My anxiety level increased as they are headed to the Chou's Café.

"Oh my God! Lia and Ryujin might be there!" I shouted, totally terrified with what might happen towards Ryujin if they could find her.

I'm getting more and more worried. My body feels very weak and couldn't stay still. Why do they attack the school during recess time? Why not when the school had already ended if you're really looking for Jisung? Why must they attack the school and make troubles to his schoolmates that is definitely not involved with anything that could make they mad like that to him?

A few hours later, the police arrived, two trucks at a time, but the assailant were already gone, leaving a jumble of stones and broken window glasses. Several policemen came into the staff room, perhaps to inquire the teachers about the ruckus that had happened before. Eventually, the learning session is stopped, but the teachers advised the students not to go home yet.

I still haven't found that blue-haired girl.

'Where are you, Ryuddaeng?' I know that I will remain anxious until I meet Ryuddaeng in her fine condition. All students in the school immediately discussed the incident about the question earlier.

I was just getting out of the toilet when Ryujin came to meet me beside the library building. My uneasiness immediately disappeared. I'm grateful she survived.

"Where were you?" I asked her anxiously when I was already in front of her.

Her eyes screamed worries.