Thursday

I kinda just want to pause my life right now and admire it or laugh at the dramatic irony. Here I am, behind the Tony Stark, on an elevator taking me up to his private lab, trying to swallow my excitement and not go running into his lab like a kid in a candy store. I am hoping that my Parker Luck lay off just this once to let me bypass Tony Stark and the Avenger's radar as Spider-Man.The elevator door finally opened. The lab is amazing. High tech holograms pop up around the room like computers. THE WALL IS COVERED IN IRON MAN SUITS. A little squeak comes from my throat.

"Careful, kid, you might catch flies," Tony Stark remarks, and my head snaps to turn at him.  

I close my mouth very slowly.

I scan the lab once more, finding an Iron Man suit on the desk to the left. My eyes glimmer. I think I'm about to cry.

"Can I touch it?" I wisper to Tony Stark. My hand is already reaching for it, like a bad reenactment of Romeo and Juliet. He scoffs beside me, and I almost care.

"Heck yeah, kid. You're gunna have to. I can't seem to figure out how to fix the repulsers. Figured it could be a project for you and me to fix," Tony Stark says. I roll my eyes. C'mon Tony Stark? You expect me to believe that the guy who made the blueprints for the Iron Man machines can't fix his kind-of bent up repulser? After he's probably squashed it several times doing his hero stuff? I give him a dubious look before settling myself behind the suit. He returns the look with an intense stare.

Bending to the arm piece, I find a few wires snapped and misplaced. I fix those first easily. Now, I pull out the blueprints and compare them. Nothing else is up. I nearly call him over. Did he seriously think this would be any struggle? Wiggling the wrist a few times, I want to fire it. But where at? This would destroy a wall.

So, as Tony Stark watches me, I call out, "Jarvis, can I open Iron Man's suit, prototype... wow- 51's coding?"

"No, Mr. Parker. You are not permitted to do so."

"Okay. Thanks." The hard way then. I smile charmingly at Tony Stark.

I slide up a computer and try to think of what Ned would do first. No need to hide my identity. I just have to get into his coding. I open up his files and find his most recent files. Several updates to tech-filled the screen. Launching the coding of the files, I sort out the files for prototypes 51s. Then, sort it down to the one that is the suit. Man, it's a large file. I click on it, and of course, it says, "Password". Now's for the fun part. I launch the coding of the file and get to work. The coding is good, granted, but Ned taught me well. My legs become sturdier, and my fingers fly across the screen. The code is almost attacking me, refusing to give me any password or way in. I'm in the suit's coding within a minute. Thank you, Ned. I scan over the coding, finding what should be the repulsors. It's connected to go off at voice commands and sudden movements. I find that he's already worked on what I was thinking about. Maybe instead of just the lethal, wall-crushing beams, he could have levels. It looks as though he's tried coding for a shocking one. It's not as polished as the other type. Quickly fixing it up, I change so it so that Iron Man can control how powerful his blast will be with his voice. Satisfied, I sync up the coding and hold the repulsor.

I start putting it on my arm, and I whisper into Iron Man's helmet, "5 percent." Tony Stark stands up, realizing that his intern is about to fire his repulsors.

"Wait! Stop! Ki-"

I grin and hold my arm up, shooting a minuscule tiny beam across the table. It knocks over one of many coffee cups. My heart swells. It worked.

Tony Stark pulls the repulsor off my arm almost immediately, closely observing it."What? What in the world, kid, did you just do?"

"I fixed it. That was what you said, right? Just give a percentage to the voice in your helmet..."

"How'd you do this?"

"...And, then, the beams should shoot at the percentage of what you said when you flick your wrist..."

"Wait a minute? Did you hack me?" Tony Stark says, pulling up the computer.

"...1% would probably damage a fly. 100% would destroy thick brick wall."

"How the fuck did you hack me?"

"I just changed up the coding in your repulsors a bit. Now, Mr. Stark, you can control how powerful your repulsors will be. Duh."

Tony Stark blinks. I sit down, cross-legged, expecting some sort of reaction. My insides were smirking, but I was playing an innocent look. Tony Stark starts to ramble, "PEPPER! This is the one. Can we keep him? I know you're listening. Can you lead the others out the door? He's perfect; he fixed my repulsors!"

Before I had time to even process, a lady's voice erupted from the ceiling. "You know you can't do that, Tony." She's almost groaning. My stomach drops. Pepper Potts, the CEO of Stark Industries, is speaking indirectly to me. Kind-of. Not really, but... it's still freaking awesome!Tony Stark mumbles something under his breath. It's loads of mumble-jumble about unfairness or something.

"Pepper..." he whines. Mrs. Potts doesn't respond. Internally freaking out, my body chooses one of its go-to solutions to nervousness: tons and tons of awkward laughter. Mr. Stark straightens himself a little. My world starts to spin just a tad bit more when his mouth starts running. Did Mr. Stark just want me to be his actual personal intern?Insanity.

"Kid... kid... um... hey there, little guy? Still dazed by the fact that you're still in the company of the Tony Stark?" Bingo. I blush a bit. Then, I realize I might want to communicate back with him. Stupid conversation skills.

"Oh- oh yeah! Sorry! I'm... I'm nervous. That's all."

"Kid. You've got nothing to worry about."

I blush more.

Mr. Stark continues, though, "In fact, you are such a surprise. I thought this intern thing would be such a bust when Pep first told me about it. I guess kids are the best therapy"

Immediately, Mr. Stark turns to the computer, not even giving me the chance to stutter back a response. I focus my eyes on the screen, trying to get my heart a little calmer. As the computer sparks to life, a few projections change around me, too. A blueprint screen opens up first. And there, on the blueprint screen, is a sleek red and blue suit for someone. I notice several things at once: the ovalish, dark black symbol stretching similar legs across the chest. A striking red that encompasses the body with thin, beautiful lines crossing across the red. The dark, football-shaped eyes with a cream rim that cover the face.Needless to say, my stomach drops.

"Holy shit~" What does this mean? Why does Mr. Stark have a Spider-Man suit? The Avengers were supposed to have it out for me- right?