Chapter 17: Problem fixed???

"Colten?" Brittany asked as she stared at Colten's now furious face.

"Would you care to explain to me why Derek texted you?" Colten asked.

"He gave me his number and we've been texting a little." Brittany explained, "We barley even talk."

"Okay, then why is he texting you, 'hey babe ready for some fun'" Colten shouted.

Brittany gasped and shouted, "I have no idea!"

"Sure you don't" Colten said sarcastically.

"I don't!" Brittany shouted.

"Sure, and I can fly to Candy Land" Colten said.

"Would you stop with the sarcasm." Brittany said as she rolled her bright green eyes.

Colten should his head and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Brittany sat down and sighed. They were so happy just a few days ago. Maybe Colten isn't the one. Maybe Derek is better for her. Brittany shook her head and said to her self, "No. Colten. Is. The. One."

**********************************

The Next Day

Brittany walked out of the house in her red T-shirt, black skinny jeans, bright yellow flats, and a necklace and earrings that matched her yellow shoes

She hopped in Colten's car and looked out the window. They had been avoiding eye contact ever since the argument. Bright green trees scattered beside the road. The bright sun illuminated the grass and it was a bold green color. It was a beautiful day.

When they pulled into the parking lot of the school Meghan got out of the car and walked towards the school. Brittany was about to do the same but Colten grabbed her wrist and told her to wait.

"I'm so so sorry." Colten apologized.

Brittany stared into his eyes, which looked almost green because of his bright green shirt.

"It's okay it was my fa-"

"Don't say that, Brittany." Colten said, "We both know it was my fault."

"Let's just forget about it" Brittany said and Colten nodded.

Colten kissed Brittany on the cheek and walked towards the school.

The day flew by fast. And before Brittany knew it, the day was over. Brittany walked to her locker and saw Derek walking over to her.

"Hey Derek." Brittany mumbled.

"Hey sweet thing." Derek smirked.

"Don't call me that." Brittany ordered and Derek put his hands up in surrender.

"Here hop on." Derek said, pointing to his back.

"What do you think you're doing?" Brittany asked.

Derek smirked and answered, "I'm giving you a ride to your homeroom."

"Why?" Brittany questioned.

"Because we are friends and friendship is giving each other piggyback rides to their classes." Derek said.

Brittany giggled and agreed.

"Let's go then!!!" Derek shouted as he picked up Brittany.

Brittany laughed as Derek ran down the hallway. It was mostly empty, but there were a few people who were giving them strange looks.

"Don't judge-" Brittany started to shout.

"Just love!!!" Derek finished.

Brittany laughed and shouted, "OMG!!! I say that all the time!"

"Me too" Derek laughed.

"Well here we are" Derek said as Brittany jumped off his back.

"Thanks for the ride kind sir." Brittany said doing her attempt of a British accent.

"No problem, Mrs." Derek replied in an English accent.

Brittany laughed and walked into her homeroom.

When it was time for her to go she met Colten outside.

"How was your day" she asked Colten.

"Fine" Colten grumbled, "How was your piggyback ride with Derek?"

"This is bad" Brittany thought.