Chapter 12: Friends?

School started in a week. This was the best summer ever in Brittany's life. For the first time she didn't feel miserable. She had Colten.

Meghan wouldn't stop blabbering about how when school starts her and Colten will be the cutest couple. Brittany sighed and ran a hand through her hair as Meghan talked. She became used to Meghan's constant flirting with Colten and it didn't bother her that much anymore.

"Right Colten?" Meghan asked.

Colten snapped out of his daze and said "Wait what, I wasn't paying attention."

Meghan smiled and replied "won't me and you be the cutest couple in school?"

"Well there is two problems with that theory", Colten started, "First, we aren't a couple and second you're not cute."

Brittany smiled and Colten kissed her cheek.

Meghan pretended as if she had never heard the comment. She pressed her red lipstick covered lips together and smiled, showing no teeth.

Brittany thought it was weird how she didn't show any teeth when she smiled but she decided not to say anything. Meghan and Brittany hadn't been fighting that much and Brittany wanted to keep it that way.

Colten's mom yelled for Colten and told him he had to help her clean out her car. Brittany offered to help but they insisted she didn't. Colten when out to the garage leaving Meghan and Brittany alone.

Meghan turned to Brittany and asked "Want me to paint your nails"

Brittany was shocked. She couldn't wrap her head around the idea of Meghan being nice to her. "Um, why?" She asked.

"I don't know" Meghan explained, "We just have been getting along better and I want to be your friend."

"Seriously?" Brittany asked.

"Yes" Meghan promised, "I want to make things better between us."

Brittany just stared at her in disbelief.

"I won't flirt with Colten anymore" Meghan promised, "he's not even that cute."

Brittany smiled, "okay" she agreed.

"Friends?" Meghan asked sticking her hand out.

"Friends" Brittany answered as she shook Meghan's hand.

Meghan grabbed a black sparkly bag and opened it. It was full of nail polish.

"Close your eyes" Meghan demanded.

"Why" Brittany asked suspiciously.

"Because I want it to be a surprise." Meghan replied.

Brittany hesitated. Even though Meghan said that she wanted to be friends Brittany still didn't trust her.

"I won't do anything" Meghan reassured, as she stared at Brittany with her dark, blue eyes.

"Okay" Brittany said as she closed her eyes.

She closed her eyes and tried to relax but she couldn't. She was worried that Meghan would do something. Seconds soon turned into minutes and about after 20 minutes Meghan giggled and said "okay you can open your eyes."

Brittany opened her eyes and stared down at her hand. She couldn't believe what she saw.