'Maybe, I don't know' Bailey shrugged, taking out two pens from her pockets. She handed one to Kaycee, smiling earnestly at the brunette.

She leaned over while whispering into her ear. 'Sean Lews staring at you'. She moved away, a smirk pulling tightly around the girls lips.

'What?' Kaycee turned around, met by Sean eyes panicking as they stared at the floor with flushed cheeks. Kaycee smiled and gave him a small wave, one that she knew wouldn't be returned.

'So?' Bailey said cockily, before being pulled away by Jenna.

'Thank god for Jenna' Kaycee murmured, watching as a nurse guided a few of the signed in kids to one area.

'Kaycee? Kaycee, dear? Have you signed in?' The teacher spoke softer around her, her star pupil.

'Yes-I mean no sorry. I'll be on my way right now' Kaycee mumbled, turning on her heels as she approached the desk.

'Your name?' the office lady asked, typing on her computer.

'Kaycee Rice'. The lady nodded her head before pointing to her left side.

'Please wait here until we've found you a partner to work with' the lady smiled kindly. Kaycee did as told, leaning her elbow onto the counter. She watched more students sign in after her, all being directed the opposite way.

'Ah, Sean lew. I've missed seeing you around here' the office lady let out a giggle. Kaycee rose her eyebrow, her crossedd arms sliding down to her sides. 

'It's been awhile. A lot of homework' he chuckled, but he wasn't smiling.

'Ah, well it'll be nice seeing you around more often. Now go on, you'll be with...' she pulled out her clipboard, scanning her finger down the page before she spoke again. 'Kaycee rice'

Sean flushed beet red. 'T-thank you'. He forced his feet to move as he approached Kaycee, head bent down low.

'And we're partners again' she giggled, before a nurse had stood in front of them.

'In section 4, this'll be your area for the rest of the semester' the nurse explained, gesturing for them to follow her. She approached a lift, getting inside along with the pair as they rose to level 4. 'This is the activity centre for all the kids here. There's singing. Arts and crafts. Drama, and gentle sports. Miss. Chyonweth inside will help you out today' she said shortly, before turning on her heels and leaving.

'Sounds fun' Kaycee exclaimed, running towards the door and entering with Sean shuffling behind her.

The kids all stopped what they were doing, staring up at the two teens wide eyed. The sight broke Kaycees heart. A few kids were attached to tubes and different equipment. Some sitting still while nurses cradled them in their arms. It was a heartbreaking and warming sight all at once.

'Sean lew' Nurse Chyonweth joked when her eyes set on the boy. 'It's been weeks since you've been back here for a visit'.

The older woman pulled him in for a hug, Sean standing awardkly with his hands to his side. 'And this is?' She faced Kaycee.

'Kaycee Rice' she smiled, brows creased together. The lady smiled kindly pointing to a few different activities.

'Today you two will just be helping myself and the other nurses here. We'll show you how to interact with the kids and all' Nurse Chyonweth spoke, gesturing for them to follow her. She instructed firstly to a lego set surrounded by three or more children. She explained the rules of sharing and being creative before leaving Kaycee and Sean on their own in the station.

'Hi, you're so cute' Kaycee cooed, as her heart melted at the sight of a young girl, probably younger than six, stacking legos. 

A little baby, crawled over to the pair, a lego between his teeth. Sean squinted his eyes as he pulled the baby on his lap, gently taking the brick from him. 'You shouldn't be eating this' he chuckled, speaking as if the baby understood every word he was saying.

The baby stretched his arms out, a yawn falling from his lips before he snuggled into Sean's chest. Sean smiled warmly down at him.

Well maybe 'smile' wasn't the right word for it -- the top row of his teeth were showing, and there was a faint curve to his lips, but there was no crease below the eyes, no movement of the cheeks. On anyone else, it would be a grimace, at best. On his face, it was a sign of bliss.

Kaycee didn't realise she was staring until he met her eyes and the two flushed red. 'Well-uh anyways, not to be nosey or anything, but do you come here often? It's just that the nurses and all knew you, so...' Kaycee trailed off, averting his gaze.

Sean wasn't one to talk. The whole class knew that. He'd rather sit and nod. Not smile and talk. 

But something must have surged through him because he gave her a little nod, before speaking. 'I used to. But then we started getting piles of homework so I couldn't'.

Kaycees eyes bulged wide and her head snapped to face Sean. It wasnt the information that surprised her, it was the fact that he talked. And boy, she has never expected his voice to be so angelic. 'Oh-well um...why'd you come her if you don't mind me asking?'

'My little sisters here' he hummed, cradling the little baby boy in his arms, with a sad smile plastered on his lips.

'Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know' Kaycee whispered, stacking the lego bricks together, unconsciously. Sean shrugged his shoulders, silence falling upon them.

Minutes passed as the two teens played in silence, only talking if they were talked to or if one of the kids had a question.

A giggle left Kaycee's lips, as a little girl climbed onto her lap and started pulling at her hair, her curls framing her face as the little girl pulled the bobbin out of Kaycees hair.

Sean looked down at the baby in his arms, brushing his finger over the soft skin on the baby's cheeks. Through his peripheral vision, he could see Kaycee holding the baby at arm length, the baby's finger reaching out.

Incoherent words fell from the baby's lips as Sean lifted his head and travelled his eyes form the baby girl to Kaycee.

Her hair curly but perfectly complimenting her face. Eyes shining with the utmost affection. And lips curved upwards like they were glued that way. She was perfect.

 But Sean could never let her close to him, but she's so different. He's never known a person to always have the right motivations, even when she's wrong. There's a purity to her, naivety perhaps, but she's the only flower in the meadow of his eyes.

AN| HEY GUYS! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

IVE MISSED WRITING ONE SHOTS! IM SO GLAD TO BE BACK WRITING HERE! I DIDNT REALLY KNOW HOW TO END THIS CHAPTER SO THATS THE REASON FOR THE WEIRD LAST PARAGRAPH LOL.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO SUPPORTED ME IN MY LAST BOOK. I LOVE YOU ALL! 

QOTD: FAVOURITE FIZZY DRINK? Mine would be Sprite!

❤️❤️❤️

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX