°Eyes for you part 3°

2 weeks later

'We need to talk, Sean' Sammy sighed, sitting down on the couch, her hands resting neatly on her lap.

'Everything okay?'

'Yeah...it's just I think we need to you know take a break.' Sammy explained further, stating staight ahead since she couldn't see where Sean was standing.

'Did I do something wrong?' Sean questioned. 'I mean I respect your decision, but what made you think that we need a break'

'Kaycee' Sammy sighed, fiddling with her fingers.

'Don't bring her into this. She's been nothing but helpful to us' Sean argued, raising his voice ever so slightly.

'That's the problem, Sean.' Sammy giggled. 'What we have is great. Trust me I love every moment I spend time with you. But Kaycee's always first on your priority list. Don't get me wrong, I love her. She's always been so kind to me, but I think you'd rather be with her than me'.

'That's not true at all' Sean groaned.

'It is, Sean. Whether you know it or want to know it, you have feelings for Kaycee. You still do, they never left.' Sammy murmured, feeling Sean flop on the couch beside her.

'I'm sorry if I've never made you feel special' Sean sighed, holding onto her hand. Sean always knew deep down inside, that he treated Kaycee with more care and love. But he never dug into it, so he never seemed to have a problem with the way he treated the two girls. But having it being brought up by Sammy, it hurt him in a way, knowing that she felt left out.

'Oh trust me, you have. But now that Kaycee's back in your life, I think you'd rather be with her'.

'So, this is it. We're over?' Sean asked uncertainly.

Sammy nodded her head, squeezing Sean's hand tighter. 'We're still fiends though, and you don't get a say in that. I didn't just donate my eyes to you for nothing' Sammy joked, laying her head onto Sean's shoulder. 'You should probably tell Kaycee how you feel. I'm 100% positive she feels the same way.'

'Thanks Sammy. You're the best. Thank you for everything.' Sean thanked sincerely, bringing Sammy into his chest.

'Now go on. Go confess your undying love for Kaycee' Sammy teased, poking his cheeks. 'Go'.

Sean pressed one last kiss to her temples, sending her a quick goodbye before he left her house and took an Uber to Kaycee's. The drive was far too quick in Sean's opinion, one minute he had just fastened his seatbelt, then the next thing he knew he was standing right outside her door. One hand stuffed in his jacket pockets, the other balled into a fist before it knocked on the wooden door three times.

'Sean!' Kaycee squealed, jumping on top of him.

'Hey Kayc' Sean chuckled, carrying her inside her house, using his leg to kick the door close.

'Wait-where's Sammy? Is she okay?' Kaycee asked, squirming out of Sean's grasp as she scanned all behind Sean.

'We broke up' Sean sighed, removing his coat and placing it on one of the coat racks.

'Oh...That's too bad, sorry' Kaycee muttered, following Sean as the two sat on the couch.

'Don't be. I think it was for the better' Sean murmured, stretching himself on the couch so that his head rested on Kaycee's lap and his legs dangled off the couch.

'You okay?' Kaycee whispered, brushing her fingers through his fluffy, jet black hair.

'Yeah. It's just-i don't know' Sean mumbled, his eyes falling shut.