°Eyes for you part 2°

2 years later

'Good boy' Kaycee cooed, rubbing Kino's belly as he waddled his tail. 'That's a good boy' Kaycee giggled, pulling the toy ball out of his mouth and throwing it back across the park. Kino immediately ran after it, barking and scaring some elderly people as he went along. Kaycee watched the ball land behind a bush, Kino following it as he stepped around it.

Sitting down on a bench, she waited for him to come back. It was a perfect afternoon, the sun shining, birds chirping, dogs happily playing, children swinging, but Kaycee's mood was anything but perfect. She had felt as if she had lost something, or more so someone. Ever since she got her sight back, she's been happy, but it's not the same kind of happinesss you get after being tickled or kissed. It was forced happiness. 

Growing slightly restless, she stood up and began walking to the bush where Kino had disappeared behind. She heard a few barks and licks and all she could think of was that Kino was falling in love with another dog.

Giggling at her thoughts, she quickened her pace, only to be shocked by the sight in front of her. Kino was licking someone's face. The said person, lying on the ground holding him up.

'Oh my gosh I'm so sorry' Kaycee apologized, lifting Kino of the boy. The guy just laughed, wiping off the saliva that came from the dog's mouth.

'Kayc?' The boy gasped, eyes widening in shock.

'What?! Sean? But how-who?' Kaycee croaked out, attaching a lead onto Kino's collar as he rested on the ground.

'I could recognize your voice anywhere. Plus, it's not like I'm blind' Sean chuckled, propping himself up on his elbows.

'You're-youre not blind anymore?' Kaycee questioned dumbfounded.

'Yeah- a lot has changed in two years' he smiled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. 'Someone donated their eyes to me. She's really sweet' Sean said dreamily.

'She? Oh it's a she. Cool. Cool' Kaycee babbled, nodding her head in awkwardness.

'Yeah, she's amazing.' Sean gushed, sitting up straight.

'I bet she is' Kaycee smiled sadly, looking away from her ex-boyfriend.

'You guys should meet one day. My two favourite people in one place' Sean laughed, missing the pride and blush that appeared on Kaycee's cheeks.

'That'd be cool'

'Mhm. You know what... you guys can meet up today. I'm hanging out with her for lunch, you should you come. It'll be nice to have fun together again.' Sean chuckled, standing yo and dusting his trousers from any traces of grass and leaves.

'Uh-i don't know.'

'Oh come on, it's been two years. Just as best friends, like old times.' Sean suggested, his chest tightening at his choice of words. Kaycee nodded meekly in agreement, twiddling with her thumbs as she waited for further notice.

'Let's go' Sean exclaimed, a step ahead of Kaycee and her dog as he walked down to a nearby café place. A little bell rang above their heads as they entered, a few waiters and cashier workers  sending them smiles. Sean briskly walked over to the table farthest down the back, tip toeing behind the girl as he scared her.

'Boo!' He shouted, earning a slap on his chest.

'Meanie' the girl pouted, smiling nonetheless.

'Hey Sammy' Sean chuckled, hugging the girl tightly. Sean was just about to sit down when he realized he was with Kaycee.