°Waiting for her°

Sean tapped his foot on the rocky pavement, his fingers drumming along to the rhythm of the song playing through his headphones. He smiled dearly to anyone who passed by, his cheesy grin being contagious and all. He was what you would call a bright light. But unlike what you may be thinking, he wasn't waiting for the bus. He was waiting for her.  The girl who everyone in town knew about. The girl who paid for a less fortunate passenger. The girl who helped old ladies and men have a safe journey. The girl who made sure that everyone else in the bus had a seat before she sat down. The girl who switched Sean's light on without even knowing.

Sean, being the delusional person he is, knew exactly what time it arrives. More like, he knew when she arrives. She had captured him in ways he couldn't even imagine, now the only thing left was for it to be reciprocated.

He tapped his watch, smiling at the time being shown. 9:43. Only one minute left, he thought, waving at another person pass by. He stood up cautiously, gesturing for an old man to sit as he swayed back and forth on his feet for her. 

One minute had passed at this point, in fact three minutes had passed and Sean was getting agitated and nervous. Where was she? Is she okay? He worried in his mind, mindlessly biting down on his lower lip.

The bus skid down the road, halting quickly as sparks were drawn from the friction that the tyres  and road made. All the passengers stood up quickly, lining up behind Sean as they intimidated him to walk in. 

'$4.30, please sir' the bus man charged, not caring about the worry written all over Sean's face. Sean mumbled something incoherent, using his sweaty hands to lay the needed money into the bus mans hands.

She's probably just taking a day off, Sean tried to think, taking a window seat, ignoring the greeting that came from his fellow passenger. Sean heard the driver yell out something before driving downtown. 

I'll see her at work, Sean calmed himself. Yup, the pair actually worked at the same place. Same job, same department, same locker rooms but never did she once notice him. She was reserved, only talking to the customers and her manager when necessary. She was fragile in Sean's eyes, the most delicate piece of art in this entire world.

Hearing the bus coming to a stop, Sean slid out of his seat, absentmindedly frowning at everyone in the bus. Zipping up his jacket, he stuffed his hands in his pocket, his bag slung over his shoulder as he began his 5 minute walk to his job. 

Everything will be fine, she'll be there. And if she's not, then she probably just took a day off, Sean assured himself, cringing at the severe possibilities that could have happened to her. He decided to walk in a loop today, this new track making the five minute journey into a ten minute one. He mindlessly whistled, adding a bounce in his step so that strangers wouldn't think he was a depressed psychopath. Sean glanced at his watch, sighing as it read 10:03

He unconsciously watched a nearby couple kissing, the boy unraveling a gift as the girl yelped in surprise, her hands wrapping around his neck. If only I had something like that, he thought, kicking a pebble directly at a bird resulting in it to fly away

 He cursed profanities under his breath, rolling his eyes at every couple holding hands. Who do they think they are, being all touchy to make others feel jealous, he scoffed, taking a right turn as he stood in front of the doorway of his job. Reaching for the door handle, he heard loud music playing through the streets, the sound becoming louder and louder until the car parked right in front of Sean.

Sean held his breath, praying that it was her mom, dropping her in late for sleeping in, but the sight he saw made his heart clench. A tall, blonde boy hopped out of the car, running around to the left side as he opened the door for her, for Kaycee.

Please let this be her brother, he prayed silently. Kaycee jumped out of the car, her hand laced in his as she stood on her tippy toes, pressing a soft kiss onto his lips. Definitely not her brother. 

'Thank you, babe' Kaycee murmured, her hand laying on his chest.

'No problem... remember I'm coming to pick you up tonight. You're not taking the bus back home, baby. Got it?' The boy smirked, poking her sides.

'I got it, I got it. Now go. I need to get to work' Kaycee giggled, the sound filling Sean's ears. 

'Okay, see you later. Bye' the boy waved off, ruffling her hair so that some strands stood up spiky. Kaycee pouted at him, sending him another wave before walking in the direction of Sean. To her workplace. To their workplace.

'Oh sorry, are you going to go in?' Kaycee asked politely, pointing towards the glass door. Sean shook his head, entranced by the beauty which was Kaycee Rice.

'Um- do you work here? Are you new?' Kaycee wondered, the question causing the frown on Sean's lip to widen. She really hasnt noticed me.

'Uh, no-um. I've actually been working here for three almost four years now' Sean managed to croak out, his breathing becoming labored.

'Oh really? So have I. We must be working in different departments then' Kaycee giggled, covering her mouth with one hand. Nope, same department, Sean thought. 'Well, I'll see you around. Bye' Kaycee added, opening the door and walking traight into the building.

He was waiting. Waiting for her. Waiting for something that was never going to happen.

AN| HEY GUYS 👋👋! HOW ARE YALL?

IM LOW KEY KINDA PROUD OF THIS CHAPTER AND I DONT KNOW WHY. LOL. I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED.

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX