Chapter Eight: Coach is back

Start from the beginning

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

Team U.S.A all sit on benches while Coach Bombay talks to them. (Y/n) sits in between Golberg and Dwayne while leaning on Deans legs. Both Fulton and Averman noticed a change in the two but didn't want to be noesy yet.

"I've had a lot of big distractions since I've been here in L.A" Coach Bombay said as he picked up a cardboard cutout of himself.

"This is a distraction." He said, making the kids laugh.

"Nice hair cut, coach,"Dean said. Everybody then started adding their own comments.Coach Bombay then lights a fire inside a barrel.

"This is a fire in a barrel." Coach Bombay said. Jan then passes the cardboard Gordon to the real Gordan. Bombay folds the cardboard in half before placing it in the barrel.

"This is a distraction in a fire in a barrel. Any questions?" Coach asked. The team then started to clap and cheer.

The team started training again with coach. They all crawled along the ice with their sticks while Coach Bombay skated around them.

As the entire team ran on treadmills in the gym, Coach Bombay hopped onto the one
Goldberg was using.

"Hey, how you feeling today, Goldberg?" Coach Bombay asked.

"Lean and mean." Goldberg answered.

The entire team fired at the net while Goldberg tried to stop all the pucks.

(Y/n), Connie and Julie laughed as their team exited the changing room.

The next day Averman and (Y/n) were paired to pay tug of war with their sticks for practise. On the side Coach and Adam skated and observed the team.    (Y/n) then pulled to hard making Averman face plant the ice while she landed on her butt. The two best friends laughed at each other before standing up

After beating Canada, coach Bombay sat in his office when Charlie barged in.

"Coach! I know with banks out we got a roaster slot open. You know how I always told you I'd be a better coach than a player?" Charlie said, making Coach Bombay chuckle.

"Well, I did some scouting for us. Come on in!" Charlie said. Two seconds later Russ walked in.

"Russ Tyler. Coach Bombay." Charlie introduced. Coach chuckled to himself when he recognized him.

"Russ Tyler, huh. Well Russ, what can you do for the team?" Coach asked.

"You never heard of my knuckle puck?" Russ asked. Coach nodded his head no, making Charlie and Russ smirk at each other.

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

'Team U.S.A leading Russia two-to-one here in the third period. Russ Tyler, the U.S.A's newest member from Los Angeles, called for the puck. He gets it.'

Russ stops the puck and sets it up for a knuckle puck. The puck passes Russia's players before landing on the net.

'He scores!'

The crowd goes wild as the game ends.

"I told him no visitors, But he wanted to congratulate you anyway." Coach Bombay said as he entered the locker room with a tall man behind him. All the kids look at the man in awe.

"That's Wayne Gretzky." Jesse said. The kids talked to the player before posing for a picture. Dean wrapped his arms around (Y/n) before setting his head in hers for the picture.

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

The team walked onto the ice in normal clothes with Coach Bombay. All the kids then stopped and crowded around Coach Bombay.

"Coach, shouldn't we have our gear on?" Luis asked.

"Guy's this is our last team practise, which means--" Coach Bombay tried to say before Averman cut him off.

"The return of Captain Blood." Averman said, making everyone laugh.

"No. it means...let's have some fun!" Coach Bombay said as he pulled out a beach ball. All the kids laughed as they started chasing the beach ball around. (Y/n) then noticed something her stop.

(Y/n) quickly stopped Dean and Fulton before pointing towards Jans. Jans was trying to teach Tibbles how to skate. The three teens stopped and watched him struggle while silently laughing. They stopped when he got the hang of it only to start again when he fell into the benches.

Dean then laced his finger through (Y/n)'s and skated away. The two joined their teammates and continued messing around. Averman then slapped the beach ball, making it bounce towards the awaiting Iceland team. 

Coach and Ms.Mackay then stopped in front of the kids. (Y/n) noticed Dean glaring and Sanderson, she quickly wrapped her arms around his arm before once again lacing their fingers, making Dean calm down a little. The Iceland team then skated closer to the group.

"Playtime is over. We have the ice now. You and your little rink rats must leave." Stansson said.

"We're right here, coach." Dean said, never letting go of (Y/n)'s hand.

"The only thing little was your career in the pros." Bombay said, making his kids laugh.

"Gordon, no, let's go." Ms.Mackay said while holding onto Bombay's arm.

"Well, at least I had a shot. I was there." Stansson said.

"You were a disgrace." Bombay fired back. The two coaches stared at each other for a second before Bombay spoke up.

"All right, team, we're out of here."Coach Bombay said to his team.

"Can you still move on the ice?" Stansson asked.

"Well, please, play a little with me. Show me the famous triple deke your daddy taught you." Stansson said knowing he struck a nerve.

"Or was it that old geezer over there?" Stansson said while pointing at Jans. Stansson then threw a hockey stick at Bombay.

"Three bars. First one to hit both posts and the cross over." Bombay said, Stansson agreed and soon both coaches were playing.

Both teams started cheering on their coaches as Stansson took the lead. Stansson had hit the post before Bombay took control of the puck. Bombay had landed the puck on the post making his team cheer. The two coaches fought for the puck before Bombay won and hit the other post.

With only the top bar left, Team U.S.A was confident Bombay would win. As coach Bombay took the puck and was ready to win, Stansson played dirty and slammed his stick on Bombay's bad leg.

Gordon fell on the floor in pain, while his team raced towards him. The team quickly crowded their coach before helping him up.

"Get your coach off the ice. We have to practise now." Stansson  said. Two very pisssed off Bash Brothers then tried to move forwards but were held back by (Y/n) and the team. After this, Iceland had made things very personal.