18.

"I love you. I've always loved you." Her words repeat over and over in my head before I finally snap out of it.

"How...why didn't you tell me?" She looks shocked at my answer, but I had to ask.

"I didn't tell you because I was already in a relationship with Carter, but I'm kind of regretting it now." She stands up and starts to leave the room, but I stop her before she can.

"Madison, wait," I call out, following her to the room she's using as her own.

"What do you want, Harry?" She snaps, throwing her hands up in the air.

I take a step back, raising my brows before saying, "I-I loved you too...But I can't be with you right now, not since you just got out of a relationship with Carter." She looks hurt, but I had to tell her.

She starts shaking her head and tears start to build up, causing her makeup to smudge. I walk over to her, but she just shakes her head before saying, "No, Harry. I don't want you to comfort me."

I want to apologize for what I said, but I feel like now is the wrong time. I start to head back to the kitchen, but her voice stops me, "So you did love me?" I slowly turn back around, nodding my head. "After all this time waiting, thinking you would never have me, you actually do." A single tears rolls down her cheek before she wipes it away.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, heading back into the kitchen.

I clean up what mess we had made, take a shower and get ready to leave. I'd decided I needed to get out of the house, hopefully giving Madison some time to cool off. I grab my keys and head out the door, making sure to get my wallet.

I pull up to the hardware store, hoping to find a window, or at least something I can patch it with.

"Hello, can I help you?" I'm guessing the owner asks.

I nod my head before saying, "Yes, I'm looking for a window or something to patch one with." he leads me over to where some tarps are at.

"What size is the window?"

"Do you know the Sexton House?" I ask, guessing he would know what house I'm referring to.

"Yes, of course." He says.

"Well, I own it now, and the tower window shattered somehow, I'm not really sure how, but I need to patch it or get it replaced." I explain, hoping he won't be afraid, since most people are.

"Oh, yes. I know exactly what you're talking about." After talking with him for a while, he finally finds a window that will fit. I start to head home, when the Library catches my attention. I head over and park, getting out and heading for the door.

The building is empty, people-wise. I head over to the front counter, hoping to see the same girl that was here last time.

"Hello?" I call out when I see nobody.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was putting away some books," Jane, I think her name is, says. She doesn't look at me while she's speaking, since she is still trying to put books away.

"It's fine, I was just looking around." She turns around at the sound of my voice.

"Harry, right?" She raises a brow.

"That's me." I lift my shoulders, sticking my hands in my pockets.

She walks over to me and says, "How were the books? Find anything interesting on the house?"

I shake my head before saying, "Well, I haven't had much time to actually read much of them."

"Oh, well. You'll find time, and if not I'm more than willing to tell you anything I know!" Her smile is bright; she just beams with joy.

"That would be awesome." After talking with her for a bit, I decide to go and check out some more books, hoping to find others like the ones I originally found.

When I'm getting ready to leave, I stop by the counter (even though I didn't find any more books) to talk with Jane a bit more.

"Hey, would you maybe want to come over? Since you like the house and all." I don't want to sound too desperate, even though I would love to get to know the stunning blonde.

"Yeah, I would love to." She smiles at me.

"Maybe tomorrow night?" I add. I hope she will.

"That would be great!"

After talking with her I head home, hoping to forget about the conversation I had with Madison earlier. I do care about her- damn I care so much about her- but I just don't feel comfortable being her distraction. I feel used, to be honest.

When I get home, I shut off the car ignition, walk up the few steps I actually have, and head inside.

What is laying in front of me when I open the door almost gives me a heart-attack.

EDITOR: @directioneremo

WHOEVER LEAVES ME THE SWEETEST COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION!

Sorry for the wait I swear on my seven fishes life (don't judge me) I will start updating way more often!

Okay so if you heard the news about Psycho Sitter then that would explain why I haven't been able to update if you haven't read my update on Psycho Sitter then go read it now! (Big news!!)
Chapter dedicated to: @Take_The_Payne
I love you all!