49. (part 2.)

After putting my bags in my truck, I start the engine up, hoping it'll warm the vehicle up even though it is the middle of summer. I slam the door shut and head back inside to tell Anna goodbye. There's still not a bone in my body that wants to go on this trip, but if me leaving the country is what saves Anna then I'll gladly do it.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye for now." I say, watching as Anna walks over to me and embraces my body. I pull her close to my own and hug her tight, never wanting to let go. It seems like hours before I finally have to pull back, I can't miss my flight out of here. I have to do this for Anna.

"Promise me you'll call when you land." She makes me pinky promise, laughing as we make our little deal.

"I promise you I will call." I tell her, placing my hand on her right cheek. God, I'm going to miss her, I can't help but think. What will I do without her? This will be the first time in a long time I will have to live without Anna for some amount of time.

"You need to go." She tells me after we stand staring at one another. It's so hard for me to walk out that door because I fear I may never see her again after this goodbye. I need to stop thinking so negatively and think on the positive side. I will see her again, she will be here when I return. Everything will work out.

I walk back over to her, grabbing her face and placing my lips on hers, cherishing every moment I have left with her. I pull back and whisper, "I love you, Anna Sexton." I want to say more, but I can't bring myself to. Within seconds she confesses the same thing. I practically force myself to leave, dreading walking out that door, but I know I have to do this.

Before exiting, I turn around to the sound of her voice, "Thank you for showing me how to live again, Harry." I smile and nod my head slowly as I'm shutting the door and leaving the home. I hurry and get in my truck before rethinking my trip. I pull out of the driveway and speed down the road.

It feels like hours before I make it to the airport and get settled into my seat. I try to get comfortable since this will be a pretty long flight. I can't keep myself from thinking about a certain raven haired girl with sparkly blue eyes. I remember a few days ago we went back out to the place in the woods. We had our feet dangling in the water, enjoying the nice weather and each others company. It was so peaceful and quiet, there wasn't a care in the world in that moment with Anna's head resting in my lap as she hummed a soft melody.

I am still surprised she opened up to me about Max and how Charlie was the father of her son, Daniel. It's still hard to believe she was a mother at such a young age and the terrible death of her son. I am so glad I haven't seen that Max guy again, if I did I would personally beat him into the afterlife. I can't help but wonder why him and Charlie haven't been able to crossover. I know Anna said she thought it had something to do with Daniel and it may very well be that.

I decide I might as well take a nap since this flight won't be exactly short. I shift in my seat, attempting to get comfortable. I close my eyes and imagine myself with Anna wrapped in my arms, everything is fine.

I call a taxi and direct the man towards the hospital that my father is at. I still can't believe I'm back in Holmes Chapel to see my poor excuse of a father. He better feel lucky I came back here to see his ass because if it weren't for Anna there's no way I would be wasting my time on him. My mother can do as she pleases even though I find her crazy for being here for him after all the harm he has done to us, but I guess that's her business and not mine.

I focus my eyes out the window and imagine myself somewhere far away from here. It seems like hours before the taxi finally stops. I grab my bag from the trunk and pay the man. I head towards the entrance, pulling my suitcase along with me. I walk up to the desk and ask the lady behind it where I can find my father. She directs me to the 4th floor and 23rd room. I walk into the elevator and push the number '4' circle. A few seconds later the door opens and I feel my heart start to beat quicker, my palms start to sweat and I feel the need to turn around and get back into the elevator. This will be the first time I have seen my father is so long and I'm not entirely for sure if I'm ready to.