chapter 10 - the nightmare

If you are asking why I take so long to update and believe me I have a good answer to that question.

Well you see its December vacation and that means I have to work at my summer job, clean house and on top of that I'm living in my mom's one bedroom apartment and don't have any privacy to write new chapters.

So I'll be writing when I can and updating when I can.

But for now here is the new chapter.

_________________________________________________________________

The same images keep flashing in my mind I can barely make them out, all the shapes are blurry. But there are images I can make out clearly, sounds replaying over and over.

I see a flash of yellow, a white mask, my mom but it doesn't quite look like her, I hear glass shattering, a howl that sends chills down my spine, Orihime speaking but there is no sound and then pitch blackness.

Like I said most images are blurry and unclear, like a memory that's coming back slowly, very slowly bit by bit.

Like a video tape it plays over and over, not stopping.

More memory unlocks bit by bit, getting less blurry with every bit.

Before I get to see what memory unlocks, I get shaken awake lightly.

" Alex, hon. its time to wake up.''

I open my heavy eyes and see my mom and for some reason I instinctively move away from her not letting her touch me, like I'm afraid for some reason.

'' It's just me, you don't have to be scarred, you probably had a nightmare, you're completely soaked.''

'' Yeah, you have no idea.''

'' It's time to get up, go take a shower maybe that will help you recover from your nightmare.''

I nodded as she left the room.

As I got out of bed, slowly I might add, every muscle ached, like after leg day but instead of only my legs my whole body felt like it had a work out, I don't remember working out maybe its stress or something, I think they said it could be a side effect.

I took a quick shower, dried of and got ready for school with little time to spare.

As soon as I was out the door Ichigo was outside right on cue.

'' Morning, I hope I haven't kept you waiting long.''

''No, but we better get going we still have to pick up Oriheme.''

I nodded as we started moving.

Ichigo and I didn't say a word to each other the whole way to Orihime, even after picking

her up he was silent, only the two girls was chattering away.

Every now and the Ichigo was looking at us from the corner of his eye or more likely me and

Orihime made sure that she was with in arms reach of me at all times.

Other than being watched very carefully the day was ordinary and passed fast.

Before I knew it, it was bedtime and I was exhausted, as soon as my head hit my pillow, I was out like a light.

******

There were no nightmares tonight. But I did have a very strange dream.

Everything around me was pitch black. It all felt so real.

Suddenly a single butterfly appeared before me, it was black with red around the edge of its wings, and it was beautiful.

It just hovered there in front of my face, I reached out and tried to touch it but my hand wouldn't move.

I didn't know what was going on, especially when it started to speak.

'' Alex, listen carefully I don't have a lot of time to explain. You're special, gifted. You're not a normal human you have powers. They can be used to do great things both good and evil. They broke through last night, you don't remember right now but you will as soon as you wake up.

A new world is about to unfold right before your eyes, not everyone can be trusted.

I'll be back soon to help you understand, who and what you are and to tell you about the world of the soul reaper and why you're so special.

_____________________

So new chapter, sorry I know it's a bit short.

Just found out I passed the first level of my international course. Eeeeeepppppppp!!!!!!!!!

But I hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

Thanks to everyone who read this story so far and I love seeing thevotes and reading the comments.

And a reminder take a guess on whats going to happen next and I'll dedicate a chapter to you.

Comment, vote and keep reading!!!

Love

Klippies