Chapter 30(Dammit, Bayley)

Start from the beginning

Bayley just glanced over at Sasha as she left the room. She knew that she was being a bit standoffish, but she was exhausted and the last thing she wanted to deal with in that moment was whatever was happening between her and Sasha. She curled further into the blankets as she settled on some movie that was playing, knowing she'd likely fall asleep anyway.

Sasha had been doing a lot of thinking over the past couple of days and she didn't want to bring up her thoughts and insecurities, but she found herself getting closer and closer to doing so. She'd basically been by herself for the past several days anyway, what would some more time matter?

Making her decision, Sasha turned around and went back into their room. "I'm getting tired of this Bayley. I get that you're upset over what you said, I'm upset too. It hurt...it hurt so much and I can't stop thinking that deep down inside you really don't want me...that all I do is cause you problems." She paused. "And that's all I've done since we met is bring problems into your life."

Bayley was taken by surprise hearing her fiancée's voice again. She looked up from the TV and listened as Sasha spoke. She closed her eyes and sighed heavily. "I'm tired of explaining myself to you and reassuring you that I want you." She said. "You're not a problem and you haven't brought problems... but it gets tiring having to constantly reassure you that I'm not going anywhere and that I love you." She said. "I don't know what I have done since the start of our relationship to make you think that I don't want you."

Sasha wrapped her arms around herself for a moment. "Just what you had to say to get me out of there... All I've been doing is thinking. I'm sorry that my insecurities are a problem to you but since then you haven't really made me feel wanted. You've been avoiding me." Sasha took a deep breath.

Bayley sighed and muted the TV so she could give her full attention to Sasha. She shook her head. "I'm not saying it's a problem, Sasha." She said a little louder. "All I'm saying is that it takes an emotional toll on me." She sighed heavily. "I haven't been avoiding you... I've been working 60+ hours a week. I'm exhausted." She said honestly. Maybe a part of her had been avoiding Sasha, but it wasn't a conscious effort.

Sasha shook her head at her fiancée. "You've worked this much before and would always make an attempt to at least say hi to me when you came in the door."

Sasha sighed. Before Bayley could speak, she just blurted out what was on her mind, "I think we need a break." She lifted her head to look at Bayley. It's what she'd been thinking about a lot lately. "I can't keep walking on eggshells around each other." She murmured softly before sighing some.

Bayley looked up at Sasha with a confused look, "You don't want to be with me?" She asked as she sat up some. Bayley didn't know what to do.

Sasha felt her jaw clench some. "I never said I didn't want to be with you, Bayley. Don't put words into my mouth. What I'm getting at is that I think I need a break. You took me in when I was broken and lost and I didn't have a chance to figure out who I was again."

Bayley silently climbed out of the bed and grabbed a bag out of the closet. She went over to the dresser and threw in a weekends worth of clothes and her spare uniform before going into the bathroom. She was at a loss for what to say. She couldn't understand what Sasha was getting at... Because to her a break always lead to the inevitable break up, at least it had in her past relationships. She shook her head and tried to hold back her feelings... It was all too much for her. She was angry, sad, upset...she really just wanted to cry, but she didn't want Sasha to know that she had gotten to her.

Sasha watched silently as Bayley grabbed a bag to throw some things into it. "What are you doing? I said I needed a break. As in I'm the one that's going to leave for a little bit." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.