㊳It's My Time To Protect You

Start from the beginning

"Well, this is getting a little loud so since you agreed—"

"No!" Taehyung's howl cut him off. He attempted to sit on his knees again, and as he prepared himself for another kick or punch, Jeongguk dashed towards him and shoved the guard away before he could hit him. Kang made a sign to the guards to stay back.

Jeongguk kneeled in front of him and cupped his face. "It's okay," he whispered as he linked their foreheads, both crying their eyes out. "It's okay."

"No, Kookie. You can't do this. Please don't do this, I'm begging you."

"You—you protected me for so long, Taehyungie hyung." A sad smile tugged at his lips as he sniffled. "You took c-care of me, you took a beating for me, you b-beat up my f-father for me, you fought for me, and you're still fighting to k-keep me safe. It's my t-time to protect you, Tae."

"Jeonggukie." He dropped his head onto his shoulder and sobbed, his whole body shaking uncontrollably. "You d-don't need to protect me. I'll be fine if I know you're safe, baby. Please—please, just say no and leave this place."

"Taehyungie hyung." He nibbled his bottom lip to choke back his sobs and rested his cheek against his head that was laid on his shoulder. "I love you," he breathed out close to his ear and placed a long kiss on the side of his head.

"Sir, everything is ready."

"Take him."

"What?" A coil of consternation combined with dread braised in Taehyung's gut and sprawled through his entire body upon hearing these two words. He could only wail as he watched the guards drag him away, hopeless, incapable of doing anything to stop them. He didn't even get a chance to say that he loved him too because fuck, he did. So, so much.

"Look at you crying like a pussy for a little faggot. I didn't raise you this way."

"Fuck you! I quit! I don't want anything to do with you!"

"What? I saved your life, you fucking useless cunt."

"You ruined my life, you didn't save me!" Taehyung screamed in agony, tears falling nonstop. "I had one good thing in my life, one thing that made me happy, and you fucking took it away from me. You ruined me! You should have let me die so I wouldn't have to suffer like this now! This is worse than any beating. This is worse than dying!" A string of stifled sobs followed as he tossed his head down, throughout devastated.

Kang was speechless by now. No, he didn't pity him; he was shocked to see how ungrateful Taehyung was after everything he had done for him. "You motherfucker," he hissed, infuriated, as he crouched down and grasped his hair. "You think you can just betray me like that? After everything I did for you?"

"You think you saved me, you think you helped me survive, but I was dead inside! Every fucking day I was dead yet still living. The only thing you did was put your sidekicks to beat me up! And I was so fucking stupid to endure everything, and I was so fucking stupid that I didn't leave when I had the chance!"

Kang grunted as he punched him harshly, causing his head to bang against the floor.

"He got into the car without fighting," the one guard informed as they stood in front of him.

"Good."

"What do we do with him?"

Kang glanced at the boy who was groaning and still crying. "Beat him to death."

"S-Sir," he said as he was taken aback by his demand. Sure, they had done it before, but only to strangers. Of course, they didn't personally know Taehyung, but he was working for Kang, and they had never killed someone who was working for him.