㊳It's My Time To Protect You

Start from the beginning

They guided him downstairs and stopped in front of the big metallic door. Jeongguk observed as the one sidekick knocked on the door and a man opened it slightly a moment later. The next time the door opened, he was pushed inside by a vicious hand.

Terror engulfed his face as he entered, tears rolling down his cheeks unconsciously. His eyes landed on Taehyung and bulged once he studied his condition; he was on his knees, his hands tied up, and his face beaten. "T-Tae," he whispered and ran towards him, stumbling. He fell onto his knees, more tears pouring down his face, and set a delicate hand on the side of his head.

It tore his heart to shreds when he spotted a myriad of tears flowing down his bloody cheeks.

"Tae, Tae," Jeongguk chanted in a whisper as his shoulders shook with his sobs.

"Baby," he choked out and rested his head against his shoulder, soaking his shirt with tears and staining it with blood.

"Ah, look at that," Kang snickered as he approached them. "I think it's the first time in eight years that I see Taehyung cry, right boys?" He glanced at the two guards, and they nodded as wicked chuckles emitted from their mouth. "And all of this because of a little faggot."

"Shut the fuck up," Taehyung growled, casting him a glower.

"Tsk, tsk, that's not how you're supposed to talk to me, V." He clicked his tongue in vexation. "But I'll deal with you later. Right now, I want to talk to Jeongguk."

The said boy caressed Taehyung's head once more and straightened his posture. "What do you w-want from m-me?"

"Well." Kang leaned against the desk that was behind him. "Honestly? I don't want anything from you. But I do love making money, Jeongguk."

"What—what does that mean?"

"I want to make a deal with you."

"No, Jeongguk, listen to me." Taehyung was driven into a state of complete panic the moment Kang's words infiltrated his hazy senses and crawled closer, but he was shoved back by an abrasive kick in his stomach.

Jeongguk gasped at the sight and stepped towards him, but the other guard blocked his way. "What kind of deal?" he questioned, gazing at Taehyung who was grunting in pain.

"I'm sure you know Jackson Wang. The deal is to let him do whatever he wants to you for one night. And in return, I won't kill this worthless piece of shit." He nodded to Taehyung's direction, indifferent.

As Jeongguk was left dumbfounded and petrified, Taehyung cried harder. "He won't do it!" he howled and lifted himself off the floor with a sudden rush of strength, sitting on his knees. "Fucking kill me already. He won't do it. There is no such deal. The only deal is that you'll leave Jeongguk alone and then get to kill me."

"No. I can't—I can't let him k-kill you," Jeongguk uttered as he kneeled, clutching his thighs. "Please." He glanced up at Kang, stifling a sob. "Please, don't hurt him, please, don't kill him," he pleaded in despair as he bawled his heart out.

"All you have to do is accept my deal and I'll spare his pathetic life."

"Jeongguk, Kookie, no, don't listen to him. You can't do this, okay? If you do this, I won't be able to live with myself, so please, I—I'm begging you don't do this, don't listen to him. Say no and just leave this fucking place and forget about me, okay? Forget everything and just be safe, live a normal life and just—"

"I'll do it."

Kang smirked in victory and utter excitement, and Taehyung's eyes popped in horror. "No, no, no, Jeongguk!" he cried out as he endeavored to near him, but the guard jostled him with a ferocious kick. "You can't fucking do this for me!"