Chapter 2 FWB

Waking up next morning was something Y/n and Peter didn't want to do. They knew for sure it's going to be awkward and they'll eventually have to talk about what happened last night.

Y/n opened her eyes finding herself on top of Peter. She widened her eyes, scrambling out of the bed and rushed to the bathroom before he wakes up. Grabbing the cardigan from last night, she wore it, heading to the kitchen.

Not knowing what to do, she cooked food absentmindedly but to her luck, she didn't burn anything. As Ned, MJ and Peter made their way down, Peter dreaded it already.

Y/n noticed them and tried to grin. He knew it was fake.

" I'll go take a shower. " She mumbled and rushed upstairs past Peter, her head down.

I ruined our friendship, didn't I?  He wondered as he ate the food silently.

Should I talk to her? Or give her some time? Yeah, that's be better.

He ate his breakfast before she comes down and stood up.

" I'll see you guys at school. I have to be at internship in an hour or two. " He mumbled and Ned nodded. Heading straight back home, he took a warm shower. He still couldn't get the pictures of last night out of his mind.

" What if she ignores me for the rest of my life? What if I loose my bestest friend? " He mumbled, splashing water across his face roughly.

He decided to give her some space till Monday and talk to her than.

Maybe while I walk to school with her, no! Maybe when we walk back home from school. Yeah, that's better. He thought.

Whereas Y/n was trying to be totally ignorant about it. She didn't want to talk about it. She knew everything was now ruined, crumbled because she couldn't even look at him. Look at him in the eye.

" It's better if I ignore this. " She mumbled, taking out a pair of clothes and wore them, hoping Peter had left and he did. Eventually, Ned and MJ had left too and she found herself recalling last night again.

The weekend passed by earlier than expected. It was monday and Peter was getting ready. He heard the door bell and grabbed his bag.

Locking the door, hetarted walking along with her pace. Her head was down as usual but she was thinking deeply instead of kicking a pebble.

" Y/n. About-"

" Let's not talk about this. " She mumbled, not even looking up at him and he felt his heart squeeze. He nodded wordlessly, and made his way to my locker.

It was my fault. If only I had learnt controlling myself better. Ughh!

He slammed the locker door a little harder than intended, causing Y/n to jump a little.

" Sorry " He mumbled quickly and she just nodded, still not looking at him and rushed away.

Peter leaned his head back on the locker, knowing he can't talk to Ned about this, and he had to figure it out himself. The day passed by as usual, but he didn't want today to end.

Walking back home was definitely awkward. Peter had already cleared his throat a few times, trying to talk about what had happened but his voice deceived him yet another time.

Y/n bit her lip, hoping Peter won't bring up the topic and walked a little faster, causing Peter to frown, joining her pace.

" Y/n." Peter grabbed her arm and Y/n sighed, standing at her door.

" I don't... Please. " She mumbled in a small voice and Peter looked at her helplessly.

" I'm sorry. I didn't.. I don't-" He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath but he couldn't form any words. His voice broke as he apologized, causing Y/n to look at him for the first time.