Chapter 18

15th November, 20 week gender scan day for us and 2 days since we got back from Benidorm and I'm totally recovered from the fall. James and mam haven't shut up about this scan since we where on the plane home and honestly it's so annoying.

'5 minutes till we go babe' I heard James say to my mam as he walked last fixing his common comb over, I sat brushing my long silk freshly straightened hair in my dressing table mirror 'primrose' my mam shouted 'what' I said back placing the brush down 'are you ready' she said 'yeah' I said standing up and grabbing my side bag and slipping into my doc martens and walking out following her down the stairs, I seen James wearing his slim fit jeans with a tight shirt that stuck to his muscles and had the top few buttons open a bit, his hair was combed to the perfect state it could go and he had new Nike trainers on, mam was wearing a pair of black tights with a chequered white and black slim skirt with her flowey white top and a black blazer and her hair was straight and clipped to the side and she had flat shoes on, why do us Geordies spend so much time on appearance..'ready' James asked 'yeah' I rolled my eyes 'come on then I don't wanna miss seeing my little terror' he said heading out the door and getting into his car and I followed and climbed in the back. 'You excited to see your brother or sister' mam asked as she held James's hand up towards the hospital and I walked behind them 'yeah' I smiled and furrowed my brows together once she turned back round, my phone went off so I answered it was Flynn 'hi babe' I smiled to myself 'hiya so what you doing' he asked 'going to the scan' I said 'ah,god I'm so excited to be an uncle and it isn't for 6 and a half months' he said 'well someone's gotta be excited' I joked 'you not excited for a sibling' he said 'no way,I was but it's all they've gone on about these last few days' I said 'cheer up just think of all those nappies you can change' he giggled 'right...gotta go' I said 'bye babe' he said 'bye' I sighed and sat down next to mam on the waiting chairs but I stayed scrolling through twitter didn't even look up

@LittleMix: can't Wait to see if I'm getting a 💜 or a 💙 xxjadexx

I rolled my eyes to myself and carried on scrolling loads of mixers where tweeting blue hearts and a few tweeted purple ones, so everyone thinks it's a boy I really don't mind what the baby is, 'miss thirlwall' a women said holding a clip board and we all stud up and went into the room, mam laid on the bed and lifted her top up and the women applied the gel before typing in her details 'wow it's been a long time since you where last in for a scan' she said 'yeah I was 14 when I had this one' she said grabbing my hand and I just smiled 'ah big sister duties are about to happen' she said and I sarcastically smiled and mam gave me a dirty look 'so what do you want' the nurse asked 'girl' James said 'boy' mam said and then they looked at me 'I don't mind' I shrugged and they smiled and she began rubbing the wand over her stomach. 'Your baby seems to be growing very healthy and at normal rate' the nurse smiled and cringed at the black and white jelly baby on screen it's so weird how they do it 'you ready for the gender' she asked and my mam nodded and I let go of her hand 'I hope they don't have their legs crossed' James said with his fingers crossed 'I can tell you that the colour heart you can tweet is purple' the nurse said and I looked at her more bothered about how she knew what was being tweeted 'how do you know about the tweets' I asked whilst James was blubbering like a big girl 'I'm 21 aren't I aloud twitter or to be a fan of your mum' she said and I just smiled 'another princess to add to my collection' my mam said and I was confused 'huh' I asked 'my Disney collectables I have jasmine as you know then when I found you I bought belle from beauty and the beast and now I know this is a girl I can buy another princess collectables if she was a boy I would of bought a prince or another Mickey one' she smiled and I nodded it was cute I guess 'your happy then James' I laughed standing up 'more than happy I get to look after two of my main girls now but when my daughter comes along I can give more to you, make this family work' he said and I rolled my eyes he's so girly bless him 'see you soon' the nurse said and we waved bye. 'I can't wait to start her nursery' James said driving away 'I can't wait to start shopping' mam said 'I can't wait to go pick this cake up that reveals her gender' he replied and I tutted quietly to myself, we ordered 2 sponge cakes they where shaped as a white teddy bears and when you cut into them either purple smarties fell out or blue smarties fell out so obviously we will be picking the one that has the purple or should I say lilac smarties inside 'I'm so happy we can reveal the gender now and start calling her by her name' my mam said 'what if she doesn't look like the name you choose' I asked 'then I don't know' she said looking at me and then turning back around 'we will think of another,I just can't wait' James beamed 'I can't wait till she's here and you two stop going on and on it's annoying,boring and a bit in my face' I sighed looking out the window and everything went to that awkward silence 'what do you mean in your face' mam asked 'ya know how she gets the perfect life,perfect mam and dad together, perfect up bringing being with her parents from scratch and use just keep firing away about it and it's got to the point where I couldn't give a monkeys about having a sibling even though I was so excited to have one' I huffed 'we are just excited' was all that was said and they didn't make out else of it,that was a bit rude and disrespectful if you ask me I know I have probably one of the best life's now but it's not the same, we pulled up at the cake shop and I was asked to go in for it 'prim pleas can you go get your sisters cake' I didn't mind I needed fresh air 'hi Anne' I smiled going In the shop and leaning on the counter 'hi pet, so which cake am I going to hand to you today' she asked and I smirked 'I suppose I better tell you the truth' I laughed 'well it would help' she laughed 'I need one that drops out the purple smarties' I smiled and she handed me the cake that come from the girl side of her shop so she doesn't get mixed up mum and James entered the shop 'what taking so long' he asked 'hi jade pet' Anne said she's my nana Norma's friend 'congratulations on your girl' she smiled and mam nodded I handed her the cake and James got caught up in some girl banners and decorations over the other end of the shop and mam followed him like a little lap dog 'in fact Anne I'm feeling mischievous today' I smirked and she raised her brow 'pass me the blue cake too' I laughed and she actually gave me the box with it in without fussing 'I know what it's like to be left out with a new baby..here knock yourself out' she said laughing and I snook off to the car and put it down the side where my feet go and went back in 'hello you ready I mean we have a baby announcement party to attend' I said and they came hurrying, I waved over at Anne and off we went to the party.