It was easier said than done though, especially when Morgan kept telling her all about her own adventures with Tony while Lennon was gone.

She essentially had the life she so desperately wanted. One without Iron Man and the dangers that were brought with him. Granted, she was always proud of Tony and what he did as Iron Man but, especially with what had just happened, if she could have at least had some time where he just gave him up entirely and spent every moment with her like he did Morgan, that would mean everything to Lennon.

"And that's why this is my favorite."

"Oh... that's- that's so cool," Lennon mentally scolded herself for missing that entire story from Morgan, faking her best smile.

"I wanted to say thank you."

"Thank you?" she frowned now, "For what?"

"Daddy told me you're the reason we live out here and I just- I love it here so much. I just wish... I wish he were still here."

"Me too," Lennon sighed now, looking down at her hands.

"He told me a lot about you. So did mommy and Dylan."

"Yeah, Dylan told me."

"I... I was always jealous of you."

"What? Why would you be jealous of me?"

"They always talked about you. I... I thought they loved you more than me."

"What?" Lennon scoffed, "Kiddo, you're officially the baby of the house. You definitely have more power and love than me."

"No," Morgan frowned, "Mommy always says I'm her baby girl but you're her first baby."

"That's sweet but..." Lennon stopped herself, not wanting to get too deep into the conversation and the specifics, "Tell me more about yourself, Ms. Morgan. What do you love? What do you hate? What's your favorite word? What-"

"Shit."

Lennon couldn't help but laugh at that, shaking her head, "Dad taught you that one, didn't he?"

Morgan nodded eagerly, "He told me that mommy coined it but I didn't believe him."

"Yeah, I wouldn't have either. Mom never says any bad words. Dad though, he's always had a potty mouth."

Morgan giggled and nodded, "One time, daddy..."

This time Lennon listened, desperately wanting any new information on both her new sister or dad at a point in his life where he was truly happy. If she found any solace in his loss, it was that he was able to spend his last five years with his own happily ever after she so desperately wanted for him.

By the end of her and Morgan's little 'adventure' the girls came back to the cabin hand in hand, laughing amongst themselves.

Pepper felt her heart swell at the scene, her smile widening when she greeted them, "There are my other two favorite girls."

"Mommy! Lennon's so cool!"

"You're cooler," Lennon nudged her playfully, only making her giggle more.

"Well you two cool girls need to wash your hands, dinner's just about ready."

"I made the salad!" Dylan came out from the kitchen, "So you better eat every last bit of it. Especially you, Morgster."

Morgan only stuck her tongue out before running upstairs when Lennon laughed.

"I take it she doesn't like her greens?"

"The most greens she'd eat is mint chocolate chip ice cream," Dylan chuckled.

Pepper nodded, a sad smile now on her face, "Tony was the only one who was able to get her to eat her veggies."

"Right. Well, listen... I'm not very hungry and I'd really like to get back to going through dad's study so-"

"We'll all go in there and eat there," Pepper offered, already beginning to pick the plates up from the table.

"What? Mom, we don't have to-"

"Lennon," she sighed when she turned around, "I spent five years without you. There's not a minute I won't spend with you now before you're off to school again."

"Same," Dylan agreed, "Especially since I already graduated."

"Okay. No need to rub that in my face, Dylan. Especially since I have to repeat a year."

"It's your own fault for blipping," Dylan joked.

"Is that what we're really calling it?"

"It's what the Midtown high email blast called it."

"When do I start again, anyway?"

"Soon, which is why now that you're officially back, I am getting all the time with you that I can," Pepper explained, "This morning I wanted to give you some space to settle in, then Dylan came back and Morgan insisted on spending time with you but I am officially claiming that time back now- for our family."

"I-okay," Lennon smiled softly, "Let's have dinner together. You three will have my undivided attention- until school starts again."

"Deal. Thank you, Lennon," Pepper sighed in relief, setting everything down again while Lennon made her way upstairs to wash her own hands.

She had to get everything in her life back to normal, no matter how much it hurt. She couldn't let her family go through it all by themselves.

It was just easier said than done.

written: september 13, 2020
posted: january 23, 2022

I already almost forgot about postingggg 😇