Chapter 6

It wasn't too much longer when the boys had started to throw an impromptu party. I sat next to (F/N), giggling at the boys as they ran around and partied. Not too long after, I lost sight of David. Last second, I saw him at the cave entrance. Turning to (F/N), I excused myself and went to follow him. (F/N) laughed as she saw me run after him.

"Better hurry (Y/N)!" She called above the noise. I turned around to flip her off but Marko had gained her attention before I had a chance to make sure she saw me. Shaking my head, I hurried out of the cave and went to find David. It didn't take me very long to find him. He was standing on the cliff, smoking.

"Couldn't you do this in there?" I called out as I carefully made my way over to him. David looked over at me and smirked. He held out his arm, wrapping it around me when I got close enough.

"Technically yeah I could." He blew the smoke away from me. "But I needed a break." I nodded as I curled up into him.

"I get that." I slipped my hands into the pockets of David's leather jacket. "Sometimes (F/N) is too much for me and that's just one person. I can't imagine what it must be like to have that going with three other people plus Laddie and Star." David chuckled as he dropped his cigarette and put it out with his boot.

"Think about as chaotic as the boardwalk." he grumbled. I laughed as he pulled me tighter. "And that is at all times of the day too." He leaned back to look down at me.

"No wonder you spend so much time on the boardwalk." I teased. David chuckled and shook his head. "And with me."

"That sounds more like it." He leaned down and kissed me. He led me down towards a little wake pool before putting his long coat on the ground and helping me sit down. "Comfy?" I nodded as he took his seat next to me.

"How is it we always end up sitting somewhere watching the ocean and the night sky?" I asked as David moved to sit behind me. My head fell back against his shoulder.

"Probably because we tend to be outside where we can sit and watch the ocean and the night sky." David chuckled. We sat there enjoying each other's company for a while. I sighed and started to get up after a while.

"I should be heading back home. Work tomorrow." I shoved my hands in my pockets as I waited for David to put his coat back on.

"Doesn't Max ever give you a day off?" David shook his head as he took my hand and led me back into the cave. The boys whistled as we made our way past them and out the other entrance. David shook his heads at everyone as he gave Marko a look. David took me back to my apartment on his bike. This time he actually came up to the apartment door.

"Do you want to come in for a little while?" I asked as I unlocked the door. David smiled as he shook his head.

"I'd better not." David apologized. "You have work tomorrow." I laughed and nodded.

"Yeah. I got work tomorrow." I opened the door and stepped into the doorway. "Tell you what. How about tomorrow you meet me here and I cook dinner for the two of us?" David leaned against the doorframe and ran his finger over the molding. He slowly nodded.

"Sure." He smiled as he caught my eye. "Sounds like fun. But I have to say," David reached out for me, sliding his arms around my waist and pulling me against him. "I'm going to miss being able to sit outside and watch the ocean and the sky with you." Brushing his nose against mine, David let out a small laugh.

"We can always go on the roof afterwards." I mentioned. David nodded as he kissed my temple.

"Even better." I giggled as David nuzzled my hair. "I wish this didn't have to end."