Chapter 12: We Ended

Start from the beginning

"I am sorry, Yeji." Yeonjun frowned. Rage that once I could see in his eyes were already gone.

"Don't say anything. Listen to what I want to say first. Mr. Choi, I would love to be with your beloved Yeonjun. Once I agreed to be his girlfriend, it means that I am ready to be with him, for the rest of my life. But, considering his attitudes towards me, I don't think that I could really spend my whole life with him. Sexualising me in front of his friends. Does that is a really good thing to do as a boyfriend? Is that really a necessary? We didn't even do that thing before, but he bragged about it in front of his friends. It is too disgusting, the way he wanted to brag about our relationship. I love him, Mr. Choi. But did he feels the same? Or is it just as a thing to be bragged in front of his friends? That he has a girlfriend? To me, he doesn't really love me. He loves himself more. He only wanted to be satisfied with my presence, with owning me, instructing me to do this and that. He only wanted to control me, to satisfy himself. Not because of love. I agree with you. He is just a human. That he made mistakes. But I am also a human. I also made mistakes. And the biggest mistake that I had done is trusting his words, forgiving him again and again, believing that he will change, believing that he loved me; and not using me for his own satisfaction. And now, I really hoped that you will understand on why I don't want to continue my relationship with him. He is a beast. Not a lover."

"Do you really want to end things with us, babe?"

"I am not your babe. I am a whore. A slut. As you have said before."

"I am so sorry, babe. I need you. I love you."

"No, you don't love me. You only wanted someone to be with. You only wanted someone for you to own and control. Not someone that you can love."

"I am so sorry, Yeji. I promise to you that I won't do the same again. I will treat you better."

"I have forgiven you." My heart ached.

"Then, are we a thing now?"

"I only said that I have forgiven you. Not wanting to reconcile with you. Not to get back together with you."

"No, Yeji. No. I am a nobody without you. I need you. I really need you. Please don't leave me. I will do anything for us to work, Yeji. I love you. You are my sunshine, am I right?"

"No. You are wrong. I was your sunshine. Am no longer your sunshine. Your sunshine had faded away once you treated her like a shit."

"No, Yeji. I know that I am wrong. But can't you forgive me for once? Doesn't everybody deserves a second chance? I promise I will be better."

"You have been given a lot of chances before. But what you had done? You let it go just like that. You can promise me to be better, but I don't think that I could put my trust on you, Yeonjun."

"I am willing to do anything, Yeji. Please accept me for who I am, Yeji."

"Then do I need to accept the fact that you called me a slut? A whore? Do I really need to accept the names that had been given by you?"

"No. No. Not that one, please."

"Just now you said that I need to accept you for who you are. Then it is you who called me as a whore and as a slut. That is who you are. That means I need to bear with that. Am I wrong? You are not controlled by anyone while calling me that."

"Yes. I was not controlled by anyone at that time. I was controlled by my own raging emotions, Yej. Please forgive me."

"That is your own emotion. You can't even control your own emotion. How can you be sure that your own emotions won't ever control you again? And if that happened again, I need to forgive you because that is not you? It was your emotion who took control over you? Do I really need to face those things again and again, Yeonjun?"