Bi Day September 23

Hello everyone~~~ this is your unreliable author here, today is bi day

This is just a celebration and endearing to me because i'm bi

This is just a celebration and endearing to me because i'm bi. My family or being specific parents have different beliefs. They don't mind it but they think i'm just confused, i'm not but they're very ignorant towards it. So i just go with what they say and let them believe I only like boys.

My friends are the only ones who know i'm bi and had to explain how i know. I didn't know about sexuality till I was in middle school being raised as catholic it kinda scares me. It even scared me more when we went to Massachusetts and the rainbow flags were there. My heart was *how cheesy it sounds* soaring *my best explanation* when I saw the pride flags but then it came crashing down when my father made a negative comment.

My family is the type of family that if it doesn't involve us we wont jump in kind of family their respective but still. I got defensive and it raises some questions. I cried on the rest of the way home.

I think my mother was scared when I said I was bi. She said that I was confused and thought that I mean I liked girls as friends. WTH. I lied and said yeah.

I'm not a fighter so I give up easily but it won't change my mind. My parents were born and raised in the 70s the most anti-gay rights campaign. As far as I read. Their old and been raised that way.

My parents aren't bad people they just don't understand some things and probably don't want to. It's their beliefs. But being bi or gay doesnt change your religious belief. I still believe in God and go to church.

I will say this once again my parents aren't anti-gay they just are raised that way. I just have to mature and tell them that i'm sure i'm bi. Maybe they won't understand but can try. I can only hope in the future.

Tell me in the comments if you experience anything like that and this is a safe-zone. So no hate please.