Part 1: Familiar Territory

Watchpoint: Gibraltar, Spain 

Date: August 24th, 2077. Time: 1:36 pm

Due to the seemingly never-ending, ongoing Omnic Crisis and worldly unrest within the last thirty years, and even with Overwatch's collapse in 2071 following a fall in public interest and then-soon an uprising by the terrorist organisation known as Null Sector in King's Row of 2069, Winston, a brilliant scientist and a champion for humanity's potential who is also a genetically engineered gorilla, made the decision to recall Overwatch back together.

Soon after, a smaller reformed Overwatch travelled the globe, delivering justice and stopping various anti-peace organisations in their tracks, even in spite of the organisation's previously less than stellar public opinion.

At first, this new Overwatch consisted of Winston, Mei-Ling Zhou, a.k.a. Mei, an environmental scientist whose studies specialise in abnormal climate phenomena, Lena Oxton, a.k.a. Tracer, who was previously an agent for Overwatch before its collapse serving as a test flight pilot, Brigitte Lindholm, a.k.a. Brigitte, who recently took up arms in order to defend those in need of protection in the wake of all the unrest, Reinhardt Wilhelm, a.k.a. Reinhardt, a highly decorated soldier who is a former member of the German Armed Forces, styling himself as a champion of a bygone age, Genji Shimada, a former member of Japan's Shimada Ninja Clan crime organisation, and was believed to be dead before he was given another chance at life thanks to his cyborg-like body, and finally, Angela Zieglar, a.k.a. Mercy, a brilliant scientist and a staunch advocate for peace, who is renowned as a medical prodigy thanks to her efforts in the field.

Slowly but surely, over the coming months, more former Overwatch members caught wind of the newly reformed group's efforts around the globe and made the decision to re-join, on the virtue that peace would be maintained across the globe once again, but this time without heavy government control and input, effectively making Overwatch mercenaries for good.

Among these rejoining members was Fareeha Amari, known by her callsign of 'Pharah', a serious but altruistic individual who seeks to make the world a better place, and bring order out of chaos. Previously, Pharah fought on the front line for Overwatch toward the end of the organisation's initial run and was often accompanied by Angela Zieglar, Mercy, where she would be able to follow Pharah wherever she went, thanks to her specially designed Valkyrie Suit, providing a boost of power and constant healing, making them super potent as a combination and valued assets to any team as a result.

It needs not to be said, but the many times Fareeha and Angela accompanied one another in the field also strengthened their core relationship as a result. What was once simply meant to be a professional relationship, would slowly start blooming into something more. And with Fareeha's return to the newly reformed Overwatch, with there being time spent away from each other, there were mixed emotions, but notably, there was still something there...

[Winston]: "Ah, welcome back, Fareeha! Long-time no see, huh?!"

[Fareeha]: "Yes. It certainly has been a long time, hasn't it?"

[Lena]: //Blinking into view\\ "Yeah, somethin' like five years, I'd say!"

[Fareeha]: "Lena, it's great to see you again!"

[Lena]: "Same goes for you, Pharah!"

[Fareeha]: "Lena, You can just call me by my real name, remember? No need to use my call-sign."

[Lena]: "Oh-! ...You're right, haha! Well, as I was saying, same goes for you, Fareeha!"

[Fareeha]: //Turning her attention to Winston\\ "Winston, is Angela here at all?"

[Winston]: "Well-"

[Lena]: "She's here! Don't you worry!~"

[Fareeha]: //Smiling\\ "Great, that makes me happy to hear.~"

[Lena]: //Playfully\\ "I bet you wanna catch up with her, don't ya?~"

[Winston]: "Lena..."

[Lena]: "Oh c'mon, Winston! I'm only messin'!"

[Fareeha]: "It's fine, I understand. But I would actually like to catch up with her, now that you mention it."

[Winston]: "As soon as she gets back I'll tell her that you're here."

[Fareeha]: "Where is she at the moment, then?"

[Brigitte]: "She went to fetch a few medical supplies for the base here, nothing serious."

[Fareeha]: "Ahh, Brigitte, how great it is to see you again!"

[Brigitte]: "Well thank you! And might I say, it's great to see you again too, Fareeha! How have you been?"

[Winston]: "Maybe now's the time to reminisce, we don't want to overwhelm her too soon."

[Fareeha]: "Winston, what do you take me for? This won't overwhelm me."

[Winston]: "Uhh...right, sorry. Old habits, I guess."

[Lena]: "Old habits indeed, haha!"

[Fareeha]: "But yes, I've been alright, thanks for asking, Brigitte.~"

[Brigitte]: "Just 'alright'? My my, we have a lot of catching up to do, it seems!~"

[Fareeha]: "In due time, I'm sure."

Fareeha spent the next hour just catching up and reminiscing with many of her old teammates.