[CHAPTER 10: THIRD PERSON]

The group all go inside. In silence. Dan calls out to Rachelle to ask about Justin, Rachelle says he's fine, in fact he's slightly responsive. That makes Dan a lot calmer.
It feels weird. For all of them. The silence threatening to eat them whole. The looming feeling of doom. It's not something the lab is used to. Grian is but that's irrelevant.
"What comes next?" Dan asks.
"I guess we have to go outside again.." Grian responds.
"Do we though? We could just continue studying the plants which give off signals.." Jemma intervenes. "After all, I think with three bad things happening in quick succession we all need a break."
"I agree." says the medic. "Leaving will be too much stress on all of you."
"But...you know, the experiment!" Dan protests. "We can't just leave that be!"
"For a few hours, take a break." Grian says, going up to the goggled man. "Please."
The two lead scientists of the group protest. The others try and talk them down. It lasts for a minute before the scientists give in.
"Fine." Dan says, leaning to his side. But he leans on his burnt up hand and he pulls it away in pain.
"Further proof you should take a break. You didn't dip your hands in water, did you?" Rachelle asks.
"I did not." Dan admits.
And so the pointless conversation continues.
~~~
Scar flew to X's base, ready to tell him about the connection he had.
"Swishwhammy! May I tell you something?"
"Scar, just the man I need."
"You need me?"
"I'll tell you after. For now, go on?"
"Well, I was thinking about Grian and where he could be, and suddenly I got this connection, like a golden feeling in my heart, and maybe I did something which means Grian is alive?"
X looks very pleased.
"Which dimension?"
"Overworld."
"That confirms my suspicions. GoodTimesWithScar, while you may not be Grian's closet friend, you saw him last." Scar gets a feeling of nervousness in his throat. "Therefore, I am going to ask you, and possibly other hermits if you get stuck, to go out into the other servers and look for Grian."
Scar is shaken up. Him? Why him? Why not Mumbo, or Iskall, or BDubs...when was he important in this situation? Well, maybe he was, kind of.
"I- well-"
"You don't have to accept, if you don't want to. It's just...I think you're our best bet, Scar."
Scar looked at his hands. Thin lines scattered across them, a small new scar every time he died. Which was often. So there were a lot. He expected more to come. But...he couldn't leave Grian alone, wherever he was.
"Should I get a partner? Possibly Cub, or Mumbo..."
"It's okay, X, I can do it."
"You sure?"
"I sure am!"
Xisuma looks Scar up and down.
"Well you'll have to get changed."
~~~
James surveys the group in front of him. We have Dan currently fretting over everything imaginable, Grian just sort of...standing there and Jemma trying to calm Dan down.
James feels forgotten. Irrelevant. Unneeded. That is what he is, right?
He was never noticed in the past. It was always Justin and Dan, Justin and Dan.
Never him.
And the lingering feeling that someone's watching his every move is prevalent. That someone's been waiting a while for this. He grips his hands together.
"You okay, James?" Dan asks.
"What? Yeah I'm fine."
"You look overwhelmed..." Grian pipes up.
"I am, but only slightly." Better to be honest, he thinks.
"You should go and take a break too, James." Jemma reasons.
"Fair enough."
James waved and walked away. He went outside.
The wind of the forest flew through his hair and clothes and he instinctively pulled his bandana up.
James looks at you.
"...won't you just leave me alone?"
~~~
Scar stood tall at the top of the shopping district, gripping his newly regained cowboy hat to his chest when Xisuma flew towards him.
"Scar."
"X."
The conversation needed little words. Scar knew what he was to do anyways, and why the admin could not do this himself.
He had to go to Season 6, check there. If he wasn't there, he'd have to go to the main worlds. He had his communicator on his wrist, and X was getting ready to send him there.
Hopefully, Scar would find the missing hermit. Hopefully, the missing hermit would be okay. That is what the duo, no, the whole server, hoped for.
"Beep boop?"
"Beep boop."
A strange conversation but that was their code for everything working. Scar nodded and looked around the mycelium covered island one more time. It looked horrible, but that wasn't the point. Xisuma And Scar made eye contact.
"Good luck, GoodTimesWithScar."
Then Scar found everything swirling and turning black, then he found himself in Season 6, hat falling off of his head like a final statement.
~~~
The duo stared down at the lab below. The group inside and the green one standing outside, looking into nothing.
"Don't you think it's cute? How can one think they can run for so long?"
"Don't be so malevolent. This is our job, and we must take the other one. I wonder whether he'll like it here, finally being noticed as he deserves..."
"I doubt he'll like the lanterns."
"I know you too well, feeding off of other's trauma."
"Forget it, we must strike soon."
"We must."
They are not malicious creatures, rather deceptive gods. They are only looking out for their people.
Things may have been twisted through time.
He would set things right.
~~~
A/N
I am SO SORRY this chapter took so long! A multitude of events led to me not being able to write and I've ended up really wanting to write another set of fics (good job YanDan, taking up new projects when you still have old to do) so I wanted to get this chapter out! Sorry its so short : ( Have fun, friends! And thank you for 1K reads/hits on Wattpad and AO3 individually!
- YanDan