Part17

I felt someone stroking and playing with my hair and something underneath me. I looked up at Newt and saw him smiling down at me.

Our legs are intwined and my head was in the crook of his neck. My arm hung loosely over his torso and the other around the top of his arm by his shoulder. His arm was wrapped around me and his hand rested on my hip.

The maze walls are already open, and none else is still in there hammock

"Newt why aren't you in the maze yet" I mumbled.

"I have to help decide what job you get" he said chuckling.

"I think we might have to get up" I told him laughing.

He stuck out his bottom lip.

"I don't wanna move your keeping me warm" he spoke like a child.

"Your actually a really comfy pillow" I said putting my head back on his chest.

Wood banging on metal caught me attention. Newt let out a frustrated groan as I sat up so see what the noise was.

I saw frypan banging a pan with a wooded spoon.

"What's he doing?" I asked newt. Getting out of the hammock.

"Alby has told him to call the gathering" newt said pulling on his boots.

I did the same and combed my hair and grabbing my weapons.

"Am I allowed in" i asked.

Newt shook his head. "Sorry love" he said with a small smile.

"It okay, since fry won't be in the kitchen I'm going to get food, you want anything for when you come out?" I asked him.

"Yes please I will have what ever you have" he said taking my hand and we started walking towards the shack by the homestead.

All of the other keepers were is there.

"I'll see you in a bit" I said smiling. I started walking away.

"Your forgetting something" newt called after me. I turned around and saw newt had my knife.

I went to take it from his hand but he lifted it out of my reach.

"Where's my kiss" he teased.

I kissed him on the cheek.

"Your aim isn't very good" he pouted.

I connected my lips to his and he slipped the knife into the pouch on my thigh.

I pulled away to see him smirking.

"See you after the meeting love" he said and pecked my lips again and walked off.

I went to the kitchens and me a granola bar thing and a apple. I got the same for Newt and made my way back to the hammocks. I grabbed mine and newts dirty clothes and washed them. I hung them on one of the trees that had the sun on it so they would dry quicker.

I felt a twinge in the bottom of my stomach. Oh that's just great. I went to make a request to the creators hoping that they agreed and was fast about it. I will need them tomorrow.

I went to see Jeff.

"Hey Jeff" I spoke as I walked through the door to the homestead.

"Hey Brooke, you sleep well?" He asked smirking. I felt my cheeks go red but I nodded.

"Are you two official yet?" Jeff asked.

"Not yet, we have only know each other for a week" I said laughing.