Chapter 15: The Strange Dream

This is the biggest room I've ever seen. The most luxurious too. I'm sure the term fit for a princess is what best describes itThe high ceilings and polished wooden floors. The golden candelabras are all lit up pushing out the darkness. Almost every piece of fabric in the room is fine silk, even the covers on the large double bed that's pushed against the far wall.

A warm summer breeze comes rushing in through the open window/door flooding the room and making the multiple candles gently sway back and forth.

I look down at my body. I'm wearing a snow-white nightgown that hugs the flood. I reach my hands up onto my head. I have long, flowing dark hair that travels down my back like gentle waves. I rest my hand on the exposed flesh near my chest. I feel hurt, sad, and frustrated. I'm so frustrated. Why am I frustrated?

"Vanessa," a man's voice suddenly echoes from behind me.

I scream as I spin around. Another scream echoes from me when I see the man standing behind me—the faceless man. He had no key identifiable markers, except for a small sewn-on symbol of a fire on the left side of his jacket.

We remain silent and stare at each other for a few moments.

"Vanessa," he says again, breaking the silence that had settled between us. He extends his right hand out to me, his soft fingers begging me to reach out and take them.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted. I knew that if I took his hand he would pull me onto the bed and hold me tight against him. I wanted nothing more than to be held one last time by him.

But I wasn't going to let him.

"Vanessa," he calls out to me, desperation evident in his voice.

"My name is Vega," I snap at him.

He lowers his hands and slumps his shoulder, he's upset, and I can feel it rolling off him like the cold breeze that's still rushing in from the open door.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I ask.

He doesn't reply, instead, he walks closer to me until he's right up in my personal space. I want to move away, but I don't. He's a magnet and I'm powerless to resist.

"Vanessa," he says again.

I curl my hands into tight fists. "My name is Vega!" I scream.

A pair of icicles fly into the walls to my right and left, and I swear they came from my hands.

I gasp as I shoot up in my bed. The icy feeling that I thought was gone was shooting violently through my body once again, and just like the last time it shows no signs of when it was going to stop.