twenty two. LATE NIGHT MISCHIEF

xxii.
LATE NIGHT MISCHIEF

"SUCH A SHAME LOCKHART'S MEMORY got wiped

"SUCH A SHAME LOCKHART'S MEMORY got wiped... oh wait, no it's not," Dawn says from next to Willow at the table in the Great Hall. The final feast of the year was being celebrated by the whole school, and food was overflowing the tables. The final months of the year had ordinary for Willow and Dawn, but for Hogwarts itself, it had been an eventful period of time. Harry Potter, yet again, managed to save the whole school from He Who Must Not Be Named and the giant snake-like creature living under the school, causing the petrifications of the students throughout the school.

Dawn had been talking endlessly throughout the feast, stuffing her mouth with food as she did so. Willow knew she was just excited that exams were over and she just couldn't wait to try out for Quidditch captain the next year. However, Willow was too distracted to be fully engrossed in the conversation. She had seen the students who had been petrified beforehand slowly trickling into the Great Hall all night, now cured due to Professor Sprout's Mandrake collection she had been growing for the year. Still, she was only waiting to see one person.

"Anyway, I still don't understand the details of how Potter managed to do all that on his own. I really think the whole story was fabricated because how the hell did he-"

"Willmur!"

Dawn's eyes shot up from her jam doughnut she had been taking a bite out of. Sure enough, Willow's eyes had not been mistaken— Willmur Jacobs had stepped through the doors of the Great Hall, a giant smile on his face as he searched the crowd for his best friends. Unfortunately for Willow and Dawn, the Hufflepuff table had spotted him first, Cedric Diggory leading them in cheers and yells as Willmur walked forward. He was greeted with hugs and pats on the back, and questioning on how he was feeling. But, his eyes were still wandering down the long Slytherin table, until he saw them. The only two people he really wanted to see.

"Willmur Jacobs get your ass over here!" Dawn shouts across the Great Hall, earning her a few dirty looks from the Slytherins around her. Breaking from the crowd around him, Willmur dashes down to the end of the Hufflepuff table, then the Gryffindor table, until he reaches the Slytherins. Picking up speed even more, he's met with Willow and Dawn, tackling him in a group hug.

"We missed you so much, Mur!" Willow says into the boy's shoulder, unable to control her smile.

"Yeah, it's hard filling in the dead space without your constant talking," Dawn adds, being the first to pull away from the hug.

"Thanks, Dawn," Willmur sighs, practically glowing as he steps back from the embrace. "I would say I missed you guys too, but I was too busy being petrified to really feel anything."

"Ouch, harsh words from Willmur Jacobs. He gets petrified once and he's suddenly a whole new person," Dawn says, placing her hand over her heart. Willow laughs, while Willmur rolls his eyes.