sixteen. INVITATIONS

xvi.
INVITATIONS

"COME ON FRED, you seriously can't mope around because of some stupid girl forever," George Weasley says one Friday afternoon

"COME ON FRED, you seriously can't mope around because of some stupid girl forever," George Weasley says one Friday afternoon. It was nearing Christmas, which meant classes would be rounding to a close for the break. The twins and Lee were planning on causing some sort of riot in the halls leading up to the holiday, but Fred was in too deep of a funk to even leave the common room.

"I honestly don't even understand why you're so upset over her. It's not like even like you two were ever an item. She's hated your guts up until this past summer," Lee says from the armchair he was sprawled horizontally across. George was standing behind Fred, who was sat directly in front of the fire, staring hazily into it. He was in his thoughts a little too deep to really pay attention to what the others were saying.

"You need to try and talk to her if you care so much. Straighten things out," George sits down on the couch behind him, and Fred looks over his shoulder, not buying what his brother was saying on bit.

"What is there to straighten out? I realize now she was only doing all this to be nice. She was doing it out of pity. It's all so obvious."

George looks down at his lap, overcome with guilt. He couldn't tell Fred what he had told Willow, but if he didn't right then, then his brother would spend the rest of the year feeling sorry for himself.

"Fred, if she really didn't like you, she wouldn't have sent those notes in that hat back to you. Girls go mad for things like that, they think it's romantic or something," Lee straightens himself up in the armchair when he sees George's signs of guilt. Fred grits his teeth, then abruptly stands up, now facing the two others in the room.

"Here's what I'll do," Fred starts, taking a step away from the fire and towards the stairs going up to the dormitories. "I'm going to give the hat back to her. If she's willing to talk, we'll talk. If not, I'm done chasing after her."

With that, Fred bounds up the stairs, leaving George and Lee dumbfounded where they were.

"That boy is never done," Lee says, turning his attention to the carpet below his feet. George lets out a loud sigh, falling backward into the couch.

"I swear to god, if he ever finds out about that stupid bribe, I'm ending it all."

Willow Grace was unimaginably excited for the upcoming winter holiday, due to the fact that everyone was staying on Hogwarts grounds this year. Unlike past years, she wanted Christmas to be extra big. Meaning, a party with anyone she could possibly invite, that would last until the early hours of the morning.

That's why she made sure to spend every possible free hour she could planning with Dawn. From making a guest list, to choosing what foods they'll have, to the type of music they'll play.