Chapter Forty-Three: The Dress

Start from the beginning

***

After warm-ups (both physical and vocal), announcements, and some mingling, it was time to try on her costume. Penny was basically jumping from foot to foot in excitement. She was the last one to receive her pieces. She fell in love with every single piece her friends wore. The males costumes were a little lackluster, but each showed care and attention. The stripper outfits were each unique and perfectly fitted to complement all the different body sizes. 

Rosa came in the smaller rehearsal room, with a dark gray costume bag. She hung it up on a random steel pole and unzipped it slowly and carefully, like she just wanted to tease the poor girl. Slowly, she revealed a dazzling, light purple dress with small flecks of silver glitter embedded into the fabric. Rosa took the dress from the hanger, throwing the piece of material to Penny, only saying, "Go to the bathroom."

Penny quickly took off to the closest woman's room. She entered the handicap stall for optimal movement, and then stripped all her close off. She even took off her bra. She unhooked the dress from the hanger, feeling the fabric on her fingertips. It was made from two layers. The top was made from  a very subtle, yet white, sparkle tulle that was rough against her fingertips. She couldn't feel the bottom layer, but it was a smooth, satin, light purple fabric. Soon, she did feel the satin layer when she slid the dress up her body. The fabric cooled her excited skin and slide easily. 

Much like the other costumes, the skirt wasn't a full skirt. Underneath a pair of match purple shorts were sewed into the dress. The dress had thin little spaghetti straps that were tight enough to never slip from her shoulders. The bust was made from a wear, creating a bustier bodice. It formed delicate cups and manage to fit Penny's below-average breast perfect, and happened to make them look amazing in the process. It was a body-con style, so it had to clenching waist line that would cut in unflattering places. Instead, the hold thing just clenched to her body, exaggerating every curve she had. The front had to long seams from right under her breast to the bottom of the tight skirt. The whole thing was also ruched, added texture to the whole look. Lastly, the bottom skirt ended fairly high up her thigh, but with having shorts under her dressed, it really didn't matter to her. 

Penny tried to get a good look at herself in the dingy bathroom mirror, watermarks and poor lighting making it difficult

She was hot and sexy! 

And extremely confident.

Penny felt like should could conquer the world. After years of being put down by her father, hearing demeaning and harassing remarks from past directors, and being hunted by Corey, she felt like she could step on every man's throat. 

No longer was any man going to get in the way of her happiness. 

Ironically, to her, a man was part of that happiness, and herself was in the way. 

No for long! Penny told herself. Right there in the bathroom, she told herself that upon arriving home, she was doing something. Whether that something was confessing her feelings to Quentin or just straight up kissing him, something was going to happen.