Chapter Forty-Three: The Dress

It was a normal Monday morning. After a weekend of rest and relaxation, Quentin and Penny both woke up at their new normal and ate breakfast. This was the last day Penny was working at her normal location. Tomorrow, on Tuesday, she was moving to the stage. The show has officially been finished, however there were many things that needed work. 

One being the fact that she hasn't actually practiced "the kiss" with Corey. It wasn't something she was looking forwards. She always has been responsible and mature about stage kissing, but with Corey, it makes her skin crawl. 

"Are you excited about moving to stage tomorrow?" Quentin asked, stuffing his faces with eggs and toast. 

"Yeah!" Penny replied happily. "It will a nice change, even though I will miss the space. I'm excite to she the finished set, we have just been working with trash basically." 

Penny laughed remembering how the crew dragged in literally chairs and tables they found off the street. To Quentin, it sounded like Christmas bells. 

"Oh!" Penny remembered to tell him, "I'm also getting my costume today. Hopefully it not to reveling."

I really hope not, because I might have to hurt someone, Quentin growled inside his own head. His eyes widened once he processed the thoughts. He doesn't want to be this possessive and toxic boyfriend. However, he also doesn't like that Corey dude up close, and touching her. He told her that today was going to be the day the stage kiss actually happens. 

If they were public with- whatever relationship they had- he would give Corey a swift punch in the face. It was courteous after basically stalking the poor woman and not picking up hints. 

Quentin loves the fact that Penny felt comfortable talking to him about these things. It came to a point when nothing was off the table. He literally told her yesterday about how he had a really good bowel movement the other day. Penny was happy for him. 

It was strange to be this comfortable with someone he was romantically attracted too. She was used to his mood swings and knew how to deal and avoid problems. He knew when she was starting to settle into numbness and sadness, and he knew how to get her out of bed each morning. 

While Penny was finishing up the dishes, Quentin stood at the front door ready to leave, "Bye, Penny! See you when you get home!"

He opened the door, and took one step out in- "Wait!" Penny shouts, pausing him and getting his attention. She came rushing over, holding something in her hand, "You forgot your phone."

She stood right in front of him. He gave her a big smile, a quick thanks, and a gentle kiss on the cheek before heading out into the hallway. 

Penny finished her duties in the kitchen, clearing any leftover junk from the table and putting the dishes in the washer. This were typically duties of her old maid and friend, Ms. Birdie; however, since she is gone visiting family back in San Francisco, it was up to Penny. Quentin could do the dishes, but since he cooked it all, Penny found it fair that she was in charge of clean up. 

She paused for a second, after finishing all her kitchen duties, and thought about Ms. Birdie. She hoped and prayed that the older woman was doing okay. She wishes she could contact her, but the number Penny used seemed to be not working. She would be concerned, but there honestly nothing to be concerned of. Ms. Birdie was a quiet woman and no one was out to hurt her. Penny did get an email from her typical address, saying how everything is good and that she needs more time. Penny sent email after email, but still no word. 

Penny lifted her phone and checked the time. She had to get to work. She grabbed a large, warm coat, her big bag full of anything she might need, and slipped on her shoes. Not long after Quentin, she was out the door, heading to her own job.