9: The Hulk

Bella

'No francesco, I don't care what you say you. You are not digging in her past anymore. I am already pissed at you and Ciro for running a security check on my Angel behind my back'

At first I couldn't register what they were arguing about. But when Lucca growled the words 'my angel' it all clicked angel - past - security check. They were looking into my past, the past I have been running from. 

A shiver runs down my spine at that and I take a step back. I couldn't believe this was happening. God please not now. Not when I was feeling a bit a normal. When I was finally getting over that day and starting to welcome someone in my life. Someone special as Lucca.

It took me years to forget that dreadful day that ruined my life and to move on. But after all this year they were still haunting me and now everything came rushing back. I frantically  shake my head as the memories from that day flood back.

I can't let Lucca know about me and what I have done when I was a teenager. What if he leaves me or worst he starts hating me. Just  like everyone who knew did when they found out about my past. I take another step back planning to run and hide from the world, from Lucca.

But before I could make my escape Ciro turns around and look at me. He moves in my direction and stares at me with concern and panic written all over his face. Pretty sure the concern is over what both of us just heard. And he is in panic mode because he thinks I might run out of here and never come back. Never give Lucca a chance again. But what he doesn't know is I Lucca will leave me after knowing about my past. And I wouldn't be able to handle that, so before he kicks me out I think I should leave.

 But then Lucca's next word stopped me death on my track.

"Francesco I trust her with my live and I think I am falling for her. So please don't do anything that can ruin us or worse ruin me forever."  Lucca's sincere word stops me from jolting out. It was something I always did. I ran from my past for more than ten years and every time someone tried to get close, I shut them out. But  when I meet Lucca for the very first time. He felt different. He felt like someone I should fight for. Someone I should trust. And that's what I decided to do.

I take a deep breath and get myself under control. I can do this. No I need to do this. If Lucca can trust me and stand for me in front of his brother, the least I could do is tell me the real truth. And hope that he still trusts me.

I side step Ciro and push open the ajar door to Lucca's room. A man quickly stands in front of me guarding Lucca, who was lying on the bed. The man was double my size and all that tremendous bulky muscles along with frown look on his face made him look like the Hulk. Except the green color. He gradually moves his left hand away from his handgun holster which was attached to his waistband. My eyes go wild at that but I quickly look away, trying to act nonchalantly. 

"Angel" Lucca says from behind the hulk. His high pitch sounds tell me he is both surprised and worried.

I tried to look at Lucca over the giant hulks shoulder. But man he was literally a giant hulk blocking Lucca completely from me. I was about to side step him but Lucca spoke up.

"Francesco get out of her way." His voice left no space for argument but the hulk just narrowed his eyes on me. It was like he was trying read me or scare me but I couldn't tell which one it was. So I just remained quiet and tired not to quiver under his gaze.  After a second he shifts and lets me see Lucca.

The moment our eyes meet I realised I had made the right decision of not running away this time. Lucca looked so fragile lying there in the centre of the bed all beaten up but he still smiled up at me. I quickly glance all over him to make sure he is okay. He had a sling on his left hand and his face was spotting some angry looking bruises. But he still looked the most handsome man I have ever seen.