26: "The TALK"

Lucca

That's it, this was it the exact moment my no our future changed. I thought I had more time to prepare but it seemed like my little angel was in rush to go back out there in the dangerous world. And as possessive as I am I wasn't going to let her go back there alone, without my mark on her.

I took in a deep breath before raising my hand and knocking on the front door of my guest house which was located left side to the main house - my house. But from the front it was partially covered with giant trees. 

I waited for a minute or two before I heard some shuffling sound and then the lock opening. Ms. Isa cracked the front door open slowly with a worried look on her face. It was 6:30 am and the sun was out completely but the night clouds were still covering most part of the sky making the surrounding look still a bit dim.

I scratch the back of my head and look up at her "Morning, Ms.Isa. I hope I didn't wake you up?" I say as casual look at her and realise she was up and already dressed for the day. I sighed internally with relief when she shake her head gesturing no.

"Morning Lucca." She said sounding unsure and the next second her eyes went wide. "Is Bella okay?" She asked with panic clear in her tone and concern flashing in her eyes.

"Ah.. no no everything is fine Ms.Isa. Angel is also fine, in fact she is still sleeping." I say remembering how hard it was to untangle myself from my angel hold this morning. But I knew we needed to talk in private and this was the only time I could think of.  

"Then...??" She asked hesitantly her sound had was filled with uneasy and I felt bad.

"Ms.Isa is it okay if we talk inside?" I ask as I look over her shoulder silently asking permission to let me in. 

"Oh god look where my manners are." She frantically says and then takes few steps back as she opens the front door completely to welcome me in "Please come in Lucca dear. I am so sorry. I was just a bit surprised to see you here so early." I softly smile "A good surprise dear." I nod politely and then enter the house.

Behind me Ms. Isa closes the door and then moves along with me. She gestures towards the couches in front of us "Lucca, why don't you sit while I get you a cup of coffee. I bet you didn't have one." Ms.Isa softly says from beside me and before I could stop here she cuts me. "The pot is already ready and it won't be any inconveniences." She says moving to the open kitchen and grab the coffee pot.

"If you don't mind Ms.Isa and thank you." I say with a smile and move across the room to take a seat on the couch that was exactly opposite to the TV.

The guest room wasn't small but wasn't big either. It was two floored house. The first floor had an open kitchen with a medium size living room and one small hallway leading to second floor. The second floor consisted of one master bedroom and one average sized room. Both with attached bathrooms. It was minimum and welcoming, something I thought was fitting with Ms.Isa's personality. 

"There you go dear." Ms.Isa says as she hands me a my cup of black coffee. I thank her and wait for her to settle down with her own coffee before starting the speech that I went over thousand time in my head.

"Ms.Isa I will get straight to the point." I gently say after taking a sip of the coffee she offered me. I was never good with small talk or the polite formals of how you doing?? how's everything going?? It was so not my area. "I wanted to talk to you about what you said the other day in the kitchen," I say and notice her face drain with embarrassment. "Ms. Isa I agree with you that what I do is unorthodox but that doesn't mean I am not careful. I am the head of the Massimo mafia family and I have earned my place here." I pause for a second letting her know I get her point and her concern. But I wasn't backing down when it to my angel. I understand her worries and respect them but there is no chance on earth I would ever let my angel away from me.