•s i x t e e n•

               It's been two weeks since I've been around Hades

               It's been two weeks since I've been around Hades. I've been avoiding him since the heartbreaking conversation we had.

More heartbreaking for me, actually.

The weeks have been filled with small talk, distant glances and cold touches. It's almost as if our connection is depleting indefinitely.

I keep thinking to myself, wondering if this is how it's supposed to occur. A stranger—that wasn't really a stranger since the same recurring dream I've experienced for years finally came true—suddenly shows up into my life, declares me his eternal love and whisks me off into the fuckin' Underworld where demons, goddesses and faeries exist...then proceeds to tell me how I'm his weakness, plays with my emotions for a week or so and then a fuck here and there and now we're here.

Not exactly in that order, of course.

But, this huge interruption in our lives has the village people sneaking glances at me in curiosity, pity and even some daring demons staring at me with suggestive looks.

Staring at myself in the dressing room mirror, I take notice of my chapped lips. I sigh, snatching out my favorite flavor of Burts Bees chapstick: Pomegranate.

Oh, how ironic.

I roll my eyes at myself, throwing the chapstick into my purse before rushing out of the large room.

Desa leans against the wall outside, twirling her newly shoulder length hair between her fingers.

"It only took you five damn years. ." She motions over to Aly, who was now staring wide eyed at the obnoxious red-slash-pink Rabakate Alta Louboutin heels. "It seems we've lost our dear Aly to something we cannot compete with."

I facepalm, dragging my hand down my face for emphasis. "You shouldn't have let her over there. I swear she has this insane shopping addiction. She'd sleep here if she could."

Desa blows a bubble from her chewing gum that I didn't notice before, shrugging as she pushes off the wall and prances over to Aly with determination.