Chapter Nineteen

"It feels like forever since we've done this." Kellin sighs, stuffing popcorn into his mouth as he makes himself comfortable on our bed. He rests against me as the movie begins playing. I don't know what he picked nor do I care, I'm just happy to be close to him.

"Since we've done what?" I ask confused.

"Spent some quality time together," he beams, nudging me with his elbow as he lays his head against my shoulder.

His smile lights up my world for a split second but it feels dark and cold again not a moment later.

"What do you mean? We spend a lot of time together. We literally live together." I chuckle confused.

"I know but," Kellin pauses. "things have been a little tense lately. We haven't actually been super focussed on each other since the honeymoon."

I immediately feel like that's my fault.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

He frowns and shakes his head.

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. I've been distracted lately." he admits.

"Distracted with what?" I ask concerned.

He pauses and glances away from me.

"You know, work and whatever." he mumbles.

He kisses my cheek and turns back to the TV. I put my arm around him but something feels off. He's tense now.

"You okay, babe?" I ask him softly.

"Yeah," he chirps smiling at me.

"You feel very tense." I point out.

He chuckles and rubs the back of his neck.

"I think my body just doesn't know how to calm down sometimes." he smiles sadly.

"Is there something I could do? A massage maybe?" I offer just wanting him to feel better.

"A massage would be great." he grins. "I love how you always know exactly what I need."

I smile and kiss the back of his neck.

"Take your shirt off and lay down." I murmur.

I admire him as he lifts his shift over his head, then he lays on his stomach across the bed. I place my hand on his beautiful back and press gently into his tight muscles.

"Mmm that's so good." he breathes.

Warmth fills my chest again for a brief moment, then it's gone. I work my way up his back and between his shoulder blades where he seems to hold most of his stress. I suddenly hear a loud pop and Kellin groans.

"Holy shit, was that your shoulder? Are you okay?" I ask alarmed.

Kellin laughs and rolls onto his back.

"That felt so good. I think I needed that." he beams, cupping my cheek.

He pulls my lips down to his and kisses me hard. I melt on top of him and just enjoy the feeling of his kiss. His legs wrap around me and I instinctively grab his thigh, which causes him to breathe a moan against my mouth.

I pause, realizing where this is going, or at least where Kellin thinks this is going. I feel almost...inconvenienced. Which is not at all how I want to feel in relation to my husband wanting to have sex with me.

I so badly want to be into this, and a part of me is. I can acknowledge that my husband is incredibly attractive, I can acknowledge that his moans are sexy, his kisses are sexy, I can acknowledge that usually I'd already be undressing him by this point.