Sure enough, Hazel turned around to see her brown-haired cousin walking up with Edward. "Heya Bell's, how was your weekend?" Hazel asks, giving her cousin a curt hug and Edward an acknowledging nod.

"It was alright, I didn't really do much." Bella shrugged, sidling up to Edward happily.

Nodding Hazel checked her phone, "It's about time for first period." As if on cue, the first bell rang and the hall was soon filled with students searching for their classes. "Huh." She giggled, taking Jasper's hand. "See you guys later!"

They all split off in different directions, heading to their respective classes. Jasper dropped Hazel off at her first period, "If that Caleb kid tries anything, tell me." His voice dripped with venom, however it felt almost comforting to Hazel.

"I will, just try not to kill him if he does. I don't want you to have to leave because you lost control." Gently kissing his cheek she turned and walked into her class, waving to him as she went.

In the room she was met with her friend Alex, who was quietly sitting in the back of the room listening to music on his iPod. Once their eyes met he removed them, motioning for Hazel to sit.

"Hey Alex, how was your summer?" Hazel asked as she slid into the seat beside him.

"It was good, Lory was being a pain. She refused to go anywhere, the only thing she did was huddle in her room and read." Alex sighed, turning his iPod off. "And what about you? You do anything fun?"

Hazel laughed softly, shaking her head. "I spent some time in Italy, with my aunt and cousin. I was there for most of the summer. After that I just hung around with my friends on the Reservation, since I don't get to see them often."

Alex nodded, "You have friends on the Reservation? I don't think you ever mentioned that."

"Uh yeah, it was initially just Taylor but I met his friends and kinda just joined the group." Hazel shrugged, a smile forming on her lips. "In case you're wondering, Taylor and I were friends as kids."

"Ah okay. That makes more sense then."

"How's Lory doing? She talking any?" Hazel asked, but she knew the truth. Lory definitely had a reason for not talking, that was blatantly obvious. The few times she had were simple commands that pretty much everyone had adhered to.

Alex smiled, shaking his head. "Nope, she really only talks to me still. But I have a small feeling she'd be willing to open up to you." His smile was different, and Hazel had to swallow hard. Did he know about her abilities?

"Are you implying something Alex?" She managed to speak out.

His smile didn't falter as he leaned toward her. "Maybe I am, and if I'm right... We're not so different you and I."

His words shocked Hazel to silence as she turned to look at the board, unable to continue the conversation. Her thoughts were running a mile a minute. How did he know? Alex wasn't a vampire slayer because she couldn't sense his ability, and he couldn't be a vampire because he was warm, and she didn't get any weird feelings around him like she did the Cullens. So what was he?

Those thoughts kept playing, and before she knew it class was over. Quickly, she packed her stuff up and ran out the door. Jasper turned the corner in front of her, surprised to see her out of class so quickly. "J!" She gasped.

"Something wrong Darlin'? You look pale." Jasper asked, his eyes filled with worry. "Was it Caleb?"

"No no, it wasn't Caleb. It's Alex... I think- I think he knows what I am." Hazel spoke quickly, basically pulling the blonde after her.