Chapter 17: The Chase

Start from the beginning

"Alright, kiddos. This is where I butt in I guess? Sungjae, calm down. We're doing this one step at a time. Seonho, consider this a little favor for your hyung in return of him paying for your education all these last years. You'll know this feeling when you fall in love, too someday" Eungkwang looked at both boys with seriousness in his eyes.

"A-alright. I'm sorry, hyung. I'll do this!! I can do this!! We can do this!!" Seonho breathed deeply and finally opened the car door to make his way towards the shop.

Here goes nothing!

———
June 11, 2022
3:33 pm

Sungjae was pacing back and forth behind the curtains. He feels that his heart will stick out of his chest thanks to his heavily pouncing heartbeat right now.

In turned out he was right. The Miss Joy that Junseo had been bragging about is Joy, his Sooyoung. Okay, maybe it's too early to claim her as his but whatever. Sungjae just couldn't think straight right now.

The first phase of their plan succeeded. Sunheo was able to book Joy to make a strawberry cake that was supposedly for a surprise event for his girlfriend. Joy will deliver the cake personally today.

"Sungjae-ya, for the love of my health, please stop walking like that! I'm getting dizzy here just watching you" Eunkwang held Sungjae on both of his shoulders.

"AHH!! Hyung!!! I'm so nervous! What if s-she still won't talk to me? What if she hates me? What if she won't forgive me? What if- OWWW!"

Sungjae's rants were halted when Eunkwang flicked his forehead. "Maknae, we did NOT go all the way here for you to question yourself now. You have to at least try, okay!" Eunkwang looked at Sungjae sternly.

After a few minutes, the doorbell rang.

"I-I guess that's her. I'll go get it, hyung. Stay on your place and just kick it after okay??" Seonho smiled, trying to hide his own panic.

Seonho dragged his shaking knees to the door to reveal a smiling Joy with a huge box on her hands.

Sungjae was peaking from the curtains and seeing Joy this close already gave him goosebumps.

You've still so beautiful...

"Miss Joy! T-thank you for making this in such short notice. I have already deposited my full payment to your account" Seonho grabbed the box from Joy and carefully took out the cake inside it to place it on a nearby table.

Joy was still all smiles. "You're welcome, sir. To be honest, I find your offer really cute. Your girlfriend must be happy for you to exert such effort to surprise her" Joy said as her eyes wandered throughout the room that was decorated with rose petals and balloons.

"U-um, Miss Joy? T-this is actually for you. I-I gotta go now. I'm sorry!" Seonho ran to the door and locked it from the outside.

"W-what? Hey, sir?!"

Joy was about to follow Seonho when she felt a pair of arms hugging her from the back. Her system instantly froze. She hated to recognize it, but she knows this feeling too well.

"Sooyoung"

Joy was getting dizzy. Her pent up emotions are starting to get the best of her again. She didn't need to turn around to see the man hugging her. She knew it was Sungjae. His scent, the warmth of his body, and that husky voice are all too familiar.