Can't Catch a Break

Marinette's POV

As I was filling some more business forms and contracts, I saw something that caught my eye.

A blue envelope. The seal was a blood red.

I picked it up and saw that it was for me, but there was no name on it.

Anonymous....

I opened the letter and started to read it. As I read it my eyes grew wide with dis belief.

Dear Marinette L. Dupain-Cheng,

I wanted to inform you of some things that are quite shocking. Before I tell you them, I need to explain who I am, though I can't give you my name. You don't know me, but I know you ever since you were little. I was your protector, but not a very good one since you suffered through so much and I had to witness it all. Know that I lament not being able to do anything, but I was forbidden from getting involved into your life. I had to protect you from afar.

Now onto the main reason you have received this letter. Sabine Chi otherwise know as Sabine Cheng and Tom Dubua otherwise known as Tom Dupain, are not dead. Yes you read that right. Your adoptive parents are not dead, but are in hiding. In all honestly I'm glad they didn't take you with them and get you involved in their private affairs, but now you are forcefully involved so this was inevitable no matter what. Another thing that is quite shocking is about your biological father. He is also alive and he know of your existence. He had hired me to protect and keep an eye on you from afar. Your biological mother however, does not know that he is aware of you being his child. Now I need to tell you something very important that will change your already chaotic life.

Your biological father was the prince ,now the King, of China and you are the princess. Your biological father did not tell your mother about his lineage and when he found out that she was committing infidelity to her husband, Baron Juliard, he was livid. At first he didn't know you were his child and had people watch Esmé Tailor and report back to him. Then he started to see some signs that point out that you weren't Baron's child like the missing birthmark that all of the Juliard's had. However, you looked exactly like your mother and there was no similarities between you and Baron or you and your biological father. We needed hard evidence to know for sure if you were his daughter or not.  Your father formed a plan to find out at all cost if you were his daughter. We stole some of your DNA and set it up as an assault, I am so sorry for that, and took some of your hair. We took the DNA test and not only checked once, but three times to be certain that you were the King's (prince at the time) child and every single test results point to you being his biological daughter. Your father was ecstatic to have an offspring because after his affair with your mother, he wasn't able to have kids with anyone else and he seriously tried.

The reason your father hasn't contacted you was for protection. No one should know that you are his daughter, that would put you in so much danger, but he didn't know that you were abused by those bastards and sexually assaulted by that pig. If he knew before, he would have taken you out of that household and send you straight to China with him. He noticed that Sabine Chi and Tom Dubua were taking care of you as best as they could and allowed them to kidnap you from that awful place. The thing is, they have their own skeletons to hide and they thought they buried their past far back, but it came back to bite them. Now thet are hiding from it and rightfully so. I can't inform you about what it has to do with, but all you need to know is that there is danger lurking within the shadows and you need to beware. You put yourself out there when you allowed your court case to be shown live and are now in a serious amount of danger. You need to contact your father the King of China. There needs to be heavier security around you amd to do that, you have to be aware that you are the princess of China. Contact him immediately using this number: **********