The Fourth Encounter

It has been a few months since Izuku and Aizawa parted ways after they shared that meal and traveled together for a week. Izuku ended up heading further north while Aizawa simply said he had to return home south. They left on good terms, with Aizawa once more taking the younger male’s hand and pressing a kiss to his knuckles. Izuku had let out a yelp and then scolded the older male; his face flushed a bright red. Aizawa simply laughed before waving goodbye. Izuku had stood there fuming, screaming on the inside as to why he was reacting this way before turning around and continuing on his own way. Why did the man do that again? Was he mocking Izuku or was it out of good humor? Izuku was so confused.

As he continued to walk, he thought about everything that has happened up until now. He loved being amongst the mortals. It was like a second home to him. Being able to travel wherever he wanted, being able to help those who were far less fortunate than he was, to save the lives of those in danger, it was everything he enjoyed doing. He never wanted it to end. He wanted to stay down here, down with Mother Gaia and the humans and the animals and other creatures that roamed this land. These humans got so much done in their lives despite how short it was and it amazed the young god. He wanted to learn things and lessons that really only humans were capable of learning, as their lives were so short while the life of a god was long and often dreary.

But unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

Out of nowhere, Hizashi Yamada (Apollo) appeared before him on his chariot driven by beautiful white Pegasus’s. The older god clearly did not look happy, like he did not want to be the one to be where he was.

Izuku stared at him for a long while before finally sighing and asking, “Are you coming to take me back to Mount Olympus?”

The older male nodded and sighed, “Believe me listener I wish I didn’t have to but Zeus has ordered that all gods and their children to return to Mount Olympus immediately as it is time for the annual celebration of the Titans’ defeat and the rise of the gods. Everyone, even the Lord of Death Hades is to attend. I’m sorry. I know how much you loathe it up there. I promise that as soon as the celebration finishes, I will take you back here okay?”

Izuku stared at the god, who in turn was barely able to suppress shivering at the look in the young god’s eyes. His eyes were filled with anger, with despair, with a longing to be anywhere but here. Hizashi couldn’t blame the child for feeling the way he did. He saw how Izuku was treated growing up, how stifling it was to be with an overprotective mother who refused to let her child out of her sight for more than a few seconds at a time yet would ignore the bullying the other children did. He hated to be the one taking him back to that place, but his orders were orders and he couldn’t disobey them.

After a few more moments, Izuku sighed once more but moved to get onto the chariot with the elder god. Hizashi helped him up, placing him in front so he wouldn’t fall off. Once Izuku was settled, Hizashi flicked the reins and they were off, flying into the sky. The wind whipped through their hair the ground becoming smaller and smaller the higher they went. Izuku felt something akin to heartbreak, to rage that he was being forced to go back to his cage, that everything would be like it was before. He loathed it. Sometimes he wished he were not born a god, but a mortal. That way he wouldn’t have to deal with this seemingly never-ending torment of being trapped, unable to truly be free.