four | the female titan

the (h/c) haired woman could barely hold on their laugh at the captain's statement, their hand covering their mouth as they let out a rather inappropriate (due to their current situation) fit of giggles. petra turned her head to glare at her, but ended up giggling too - the statement was just hard not to laugh at it. it was almost ridiculous how funny things could sound, even in the captain's stoic voice. their little giggling fit was interrupted by a harsh glare from the shorter man at the front, which finally made them stop giggling like schoolgirls.

| | |

"damnit, what are we doing here?" oluo mumbled, sweat dripping down his face as he tried to piece together the situation that most of the group seemed to be trying to figure out too. the entire group had disgruntled looks on their faces, eyebrows furrowed and noses scrunched as they tried to piece together the situation. however, all of them were left in the dark no matter how hard they tried - their trust always sat with the captain, it also did at that moment, but it was hard for them to tell what he was even thinking as they rode along the forest of giant trees. even captain levi seemed to be clueless, but the cadets couldn't be so sure; erwin smith was a crafty man, he would have something planned.

a black flare shot up into the sky, the loud pop released with it made the (h/c) haired adult flinch as they rode on. "the damn thing has been on our ass since we came in here," eld stated, turning to look at the smoke that was slowly fading away into the blue sky. "blades drawn, now," levi demanded, much to the shock of the cadets. he hadn't said a word for almost half an hour, and he comes out with this? was their situation something even their captain didn't know what actions would be best to take for?

"it'll happen in a blink of an eye, be ready."

with an steady hand and a surprisingly tight grip, (y/n) drew their blades, just waiting for the moment to come. the metal shook in their hands, small clinking sounds made from the click in mechanism of the blades that actually did the killing. they were nervous, so nervous that her blood began to pound in their ears like a drum. the (h/c) haired adult did their best to train their eyes on the path ahead, afraid that if they ever took a second to look back they'd make eye contact with what horrid beast they'd be facing.

the sound of large footsteps hammering against the path they rode along drew closer, closer and closer until the first death they saw took place. the female titan had swatted away a soldier without even the blind of an eye, her face trained on the special operations squad ahead of her. they were her target, or was it not even them? and just one specific brown haired teenager with piercing emerald eyes.

a large, muscled beast ran besides them - the only thing separating her from the squad was a few trees, even then that didn't seem to be enough to stop her. a large hand swooped down towards them, grasping at the air just above them. the doctor, who definitely didn't sign up for this, swore they felt the ghost of the titans touch on their head. "holy shit! how are we supposed to outrun that thing?" gunther shouted, despite being notorious for being the most reasonable and calm member of the squad - he was definitely loosing that reputation in their current encounter. but who wouldn't?

"it's catching up!"

"how the hell are we supposed to pull of evasive manoeuvres in here? with that thing tailing us?"

"captain, your orders!" the ginger haired woman shouted desperately, her eyebrows furrowed as she continued to ride her horse with a speed she never thought she would have to reach. a group of the rear reinforcements slowly started to gain up on them, approaching the blonde titan with agility that could only be admired; but even they were somehow no match for the female titan. she grabbed onto the wire of the odm gear like it was string, swinging it around so she could smack the poor person against a tree before crashing into the same spot with her shoulder. blood splattered against the oak, some of it even falling down from the sky like it was rain.

"let's take it out! it's too dangerous to keep alive! tell us to engage sir!"

eld, who was frustrated and angered, drew his blade and held it; getting ready to take off at any moment, "i'll cut the bitch!" the whole situation was petrifying, the lengthy distance that once separated them from the female titan was down to barely a hundred meters, they could feel the ground shake beneath them as they rode onwards. "everyone, cover your ears," the captain stated, turning to look at the members of his squad before turning around to face onwards once again. (y/n) immediately placed their swords back into the holders and covered their ears, letting go of the reins temporarily, not even thinking about questioning what levi had planned - the most likely scenario was an acoustic round, but it was hard for even the military police to get their hands on those.

like they had somehow managed to predict, with one hand covering his ear and the other used to cock the flare gun - humanity's strongest soldier set off an acoustic round high up into the sky.

| | |

author's note

a lot has happened for me since i posted the last update and i'm truly sorry for not getting around to posting a new chapter till a month later.

i've no longer got a girlfriend, what a surprise lol. and i've started a new year at school only to go into self isolation two weeks after the new school year started because someone in my year managed to test positive for covid-19.

everything's been going to shit recently if i'm honest, but i'm trying my best to get more updates out. if i can, i'll probably try and start writing up the next chapter tomorrow but i have no idea when i'll actually get it posted.

also, thank you for 1k reads, this has been one of my favourite books to write for and i'm glad everyone is enjoying it :)

— bay 🌾