Mando snaps his head over to me as if he were sending a glare my way and quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he were. 

"What she means by that is, it seems like a straight forward operation. Our employer is providing the plan and the firepower. Mae and I are just the snares for the trap," Mando cuts in, swiping his hand across the table to signify the two different groups in the plan. As he explains the plan, I roll my eyes, knowing that Cara wasn't a person who would go off small details like that. 

If I wanted her to work this job with me, I would have to throw her a bone. Something that was going to pique her interest, just like that. I just have to find something that's going to fit her wants as well. 

"So, you're trying to go back to that place... with the kid?" she questions, looking at us as if we were absolutely crazy. I laugh a bit and nod my head at her, flashing my eyes to show how shitty the real situation was. It was a horrible plan, but we could pull it off if we had the right people with us. 

"And that's why we came to you," I say, holding my hands out to her. She hums out a small laugh and shakes her head, playfully pressing my hands down to the wood table resting in front of us. She places her hands over mine, the pads of her finger tapping against my knuckles as she thinks in silence. She looks back up at us and shakes her head. 

"I don't know. I've been advised to lay low for now. If anybody runs my chain code, I'll rot in a cell for the rest of my life. And you know that for a fact, Mae," she says, grimacing a bit at the thought of getting caught due to our risky plan.

"I thought you were a veteran," Mando says, cocking his head to the side in obvious confusion.

"Yeah, well, I've been a lot of things since then and most of them carry a lift sentence. If I so much as book passage on a ship that's registered under the New Republic, then I'm done for-"

"Cara, if I so much as get on a ship registered under the New Republic and get caught, then I would be done for too," I say, perking both of my brows up while pursing my lips. She sighs and then leans back in her seat. She knew I was right, but she wasn't going to say anything about it. "Did you already forget my baby's resilient abilities?"

"Don't call the ship your baby," Mando mutters, shaking his head with an annoyed sigh. 

"My baby could bring you there and back with a handsome reward and your freedom intact. Then you can live the rest of your days here, free of worry and without my constant dazzling presence in your face," I continue, emphasizing the word 'baby' just to annoy Mando in the process of trying to convince Cara to join us.

"But I'm already free of worry. And I'm not in the mood to play soldier for anyone anymore. Especially if we're just going to be fighting some local warlord that you can deal with yourself," she scoffs, rolling her eyes at me while pulling her hands away from mine. 

"You see, I feel like you're forgetting about the whole me constantly being in your face thing. Plus, we're not fighting some stupid local warlord. He's Imperial. And when I say Imperial, I mean Imperial," I say, flashing both of my brows at her. I set my cup down of spotchka down as her jaw drops a bit.  

And there it is. 

Consider the bone thrown. 

"Him?" she asks, furrowing her brows while narrowing her eyes. I hum and nod my head. 

"Him," I confirm. 

"Him?" Mando questions, but we ignore his confused tone and stare into each other's eyes. 

"I'm in."
-----------------------------------
"So," Cara starts, tapping her foot on the metal flooring of my cockpit. It was an old habit of hers that used to annoy the shit out of me. I glance over at her and she crosses her arms as her foot tapping comes to a short halt. I hide the small smirk that was creeping on my lips as she narrowed her eyes at me.