Chapter 4

RPOV
I was now six months pregnant with my little Ozera. Christian was waiting on me hand and foot, spoiling me absolutely rotten. It didn't help matters any that we knew Bubby was a girl. He had desperately wished for a badass little girl who'd carry the Ozera ice-blue eyes with our shared almost-black hair that had my waves. So, he was spoiling his woman and his little girl to bits, because he loved us so much. We had no say in the looks combination, but he was getting a little mini-Rosie, as he calls her. That was enough to keep him happy. And what made him happy made me happy.

The ringing doorbell shook me from my thoughts. As I rose, my hand went to my stake and I crossed the few feet to the front door. My six month baby bump may be a hindrance occasionally, but my growing little angel was not going to be a cause for me to go weaponless.
"Okay! Okay!" I called when whoever it was decided to knock instead. I opened up the door see someone I didn't expect.
"Little dhampir," greeted Adrian.
"What on earth?" I let him in simply because it was the right thing to do. "Never mind, won't you come in?" I stepped aside, opening the door further.
He entered, followed by his guardian. Someone I never wanted to see. Annie clearly recognised the spike in my stress levels, so she kicked, hiccuped and somersaulted. My face brightened as my hand swung the door shut and moved to lovingly rub my daughter's bump.
"Who is it, love?" Christian called from the kitchen.
"Adrian and his guardian!" I called back. "Come through, Chrissie's cooking lunch." I guided them straight to the kitchen. Annie kicked again as we stepped into the massive kitchen. "Annie!" I giggled. The sound caused Christian to rush over and wrap me in him.
"Did I miss something?" he pouted against my lips.
"Not at all!" I sarcastically responded with a playful slap to his shoulder. I was pulled into a soft, loving kiss.