Chapter 1

RPOV
An urgent and persistent knocking on my door brought me out of my heartbroken and betrayed crying in a ball, nearly catatonic state. I was not expecting the person who turned up on my doorstep.
"Rose, I'm getting you out of here. Right now. I know She's been ignoring you as much as she has me. I saw and heard what went down with Him. I'm packed already. You have five minutes. Go pack. We're leaving."
"I can't run again, Christian. I'm nearly out of my job before I've truly started it."

I had no idea why I was trying be so damn reasonable when I knew I wouldn't cope if I was given a desk or Court assignment. I couldn't be around Them. Or Adrian. I couldn't deal with it if I was still here, especially when I had no reason to put up with the pain any longer.
"I'll be out of a job if we ever come back."
"No. Rose. You won't." Compassion and a mischievous glint shone in his eyes. As did understanding. "You've already been assigned to me. Now pack! Let's get out of this hellhole that's worse than St Vlad's!" he ordered with a laugh and in a snarky tone.
"Hells yes! Thanks Chris!" I hollered as I started rushing around and packing up my few possessions. Making sure to leave behind, on the bed, the Chotki and a few Li-Her and D-Him centred items, as well as all of the things Adrian related.

Four minutes later, I left my room with Christian. Leaving no note behind and with no regrets. I had to move forward. I had been unable to with Adrian because I was too close to him and he too close to me. But I couldn't give him what he wanted. Christian, however, him I could walk out the gates of Court with and be able to mend and heal the way I needed to and with my own timing. Christian and I had never been more similar, going through the same pain from the same people, but expected nothing of each other than a friend who would happily trade snarky comments and witty quips in friendly teasing.

We reached the garages ten minutes later. Christian pulled out the keys to his graduation present, quickly unlocking the Audi and throwing our four bags in the backseat. Naturally, I rode shotgun. Since he clearly had a plan I wasn't going to argue. The guards at the gate let us out after the necessary safety check. Wishing us well, they farewelled us before opening the imposing iron gate and Christian drove us through. Leaving behind society and the ones who'd done the dirty on us, heading into our future. Whatever that may hold.