Chapter 7

One year later
RPOV
I couldn't believe this. Annie was nine months old, Tasha was nine months pregnant, and I was jealous. I was jealous of Tasha, my own aunt, for having my ex's baby. Despite encouraging them, I hated them. Well, hate is a strong word, I'd have to say that resent was the more accurate word. I was falling more out of love with Christian everyday and I couldn't stop it. I tried everything, but each day I was pulled further away from the father of my baby. And I sensed Christian knew it too. Maybe even Tasha. This was screwed up. Why did our world have to be the way it was? I didn't know how much longer we could all keep fooling ourselves.

Another six months later
DPOV
"We're over, Tasha," I told her after I'd put Austin to bed. "I can't keep lying to myself let alone you and Austin. I'm sorry."
Her ice blue eyes regarded me levelly while she turned off the TV. "It's Rose, isn't it? Again. Christian's had suspicions for a year now. You two can't take your eyes off each other." She tugged on her now short raven's-black hair. "Have you two done anything? And don't lie, I know you haven't both escaped to your dorms on the same nights by coincidence. Have you slept with her?"
My meeting with Rose this morning flashed through my mind. With my heart pounding in my ears I nodded. "Yes." I'd never thought I could be that man, the one to steal another man's woman, especially when she was a married mother.
"I never thought you'd sink so low. It was one thing when she was your student, but it's another entirely different thing now. She's married to your unofficial nephew in law! She's practically a relative! No. She IS your relative!" Tasha stood up and strode over, radiating anger and pain, heartbreak. "Her daughter and your son are blood relations! And you had an affair with her!"
Now I stood, infuriated. "She's owned my heart from the millisecond I laid eyes on her." The next part came out before I could stop it. "And she's having my child. And don't you dare contradict me and insult her. She had a prenatal DNA test done."
Tasha's eyes bugged before tears fell. "I guess you got your wish."
"Don't expect this means you get full custody of Austin. I'm going to the dorms. We'll start sorting out custody papers in the morning."

20 months later
DPOV
It was a long and arduous process, but Rose and I eventually got full custody of Annie and Austin the week before our twins turned one. Let's just say, the royals power didn't account for much in our cases. Especially Rose's divorce.

"Comrade," started Rose when we were getting ready for bed after the twins's birthday party.
"Yes, Roza?" I looked deeply in her eyes and was starting to grip onto why this conversation had started this way.
"How do you feel about having another baby?"
I smiled. "Blessed and ecstatic."
Roza grinned at me. "Well then, feel free to shout your joy to the world."
My jaw dropped before I could stop it. "Already? You're already pregnant again?"
Rose laughed. "God knows we do it often enough. So yes, we're pregnant again already."