SEVENTEEN| --- .--. . -.

Start from the beginning

"Look, you don't have to come with me. In fact, maybe it's better if you don't. If anyone comes in the tent, you can cover for me and say you were there dancing by yourself."

Jimin pursed his lips in thought but soon narrowed his eyes and quickly shook his head.

"I want to come with you," he determined, "I already told you we'd do it together."

Although you knew it would be better if you went by yourself, somehow the confirmation that he would be going with you allowed a weight to be released from your shoulders as you couldn't help but smile. It would be a disadvantage, but you wanted him next to you for the sake of feeling secure.

"A-Alright. So..." you looked around nonchalantly, the sudden silence filling the air feeling a bit awkward as you tried to figure out the steps to make it to the plan for that night. "What should we do while we wait? We have quite awhile until after the show."

"What else?" Jimin spoke with a laugh, he tugging at the bottom of his sweater to align it better in the chilled air with a glint to his eyes. "Practice of course."

You groaned and began to whine a bit, but Jimin shook his head and refused to hear such protests as he instead moved you towards the clock tower by pushing on your sagged shoulders.

"Do we have to?" You complained, your body still recovering from the hardships that came from preparing for the last performance.

"Why are you complaining, peanut?" He spoke with a laugh, "You haven't danced in a few days. That's plenty enough of a break."

You made a face and searched your brain for excuses. While it was probably best if you started learning new routines, you really... didn't want to. You were much too focused on the curtain and the plans for the night. Your feet begged you not to give into Jimin's demands.

He forced you up the clock tower stairs; you still trying to think of any way to get out of dancing until finally something came to you as you entered the area where the two of you usually practiced.

"Wait, why don't you work on your own solo stuff?" You piped up hopefully, "Didn't you say you have to preform in a few days? That seems like a bigger priority, don't you think?"

Surprisingly, it seemed to work. After you posed halfheartedly for the daily picture Jimin took to hang on the wall, his face crumpled a bit after hearing and thinking over your point.

"Well..." he trailed off a bit, reluctant at first before sighing. "I guess you're right. But only because of the new suggestions the ringmaster gave me. He wants me to sing while I dance this time."

Your eyes widened at this while Jimin seemed to continue to feel a bit burdened by this information. You now clearly saw that it seemed to be weighing on him, and you realized how big of a change it must be.

"Wow," you made out, remembering the time you had heard Jimin sing. It had been beautiful, and you recalled the sort of hypnotic power it had practically held against you in it's soothing beauty. The audience would adore it. "That's a big deal. Do you think you can do it...?"

"I can do it, it's just that, well," he anxiously traced his fingers through his hair as he gnawed on his lower lip. "I guess I'm not as confident in my singing as my dancing. I'm going to have to practice really hard these next few days so I guess you're right. I should start working on it."

His shoulders seemed to sag in disappointment while you shrugged off the issue and tried to hide your smile.

"Aw, what a shame. Don't worry about me, I'll be right..." You plopped yourself down in the corner of the room and stretched before collapsing completely, "Here. I'll cheer you on if you need it."