Chapter 7: Recovery In The Butterfly Estate

Start from the beginning

After a couple of hours of stretching and walking all over the place you felt better and with more energy than before. You were now very hungry though so you stopped for the day and headed to the kitchen where you found Aoi already making food for everyone.

"Do you mind if I help you?" You asked interested in what she was cooking. "Well I'm almost done. But i could use help with the last part and with the dishes afterwards" She replied not looking at you since she was too busy cooking.

You headed to wash any plate that was already in the sink. "Thank you Aoi-Chan, for all the care you give me" You said smiling and looking at her. She angrily blushed. "It's just part of my job, don't worry about thanking me (Y/N)-Kun".

"Well if it weren't for you i would have probably been in a worse state by now" You said wanting her to smile more, which thankfully she did.
"Why are you so nice to me, (Y/N)-Kun?" She said with a confused tone of voice implying she wanted to know more.

"Well you're part of my new family and my new life. So you're very important to me" You replied with all the honesty in the world. This made her eyes shine bright, she felt very happy listening to you say this since she developed a small crush on you.

"I see.." Is all she said for a while. After which she put a plate on the table. "Here, sit and rest. You've been moving all day without stopping" She said with her usual expression. "To be honest i was pretty tired. I'm sorry for not helping as much, but i appreciate the food" You then sat down slowly and started eating. You could tell that this food was made different from the rest, it tasted better and with more love.

"This delicious Aoi-Chan!" You exclaimed while eating it all very quickly. You finished your plate and still had your mouth full when Shinobu came in and saw you eating.
You swallowed everything incredibly fast almost choking in the process.

"Please come with me for a moment, (Y/N)-Kun" She said as she headed towards the main garden.
"Thank you so much for the food" You said bowing to Aoi as you left in a hurry to follow her. Aoi seemed to be jealous of her superior but ignored it.

You made it out and noticed her sitting on the roof as if she didn't want anyone else near her besides you. You made a huge effort to get up there as well. Instead you had to climb up the windows to make it. Even with this small motion of movements you were already tired since you were recovering.

"...Is everything alright?" You asked nervously not knowing what was going through her mind. "Well, Oyakata-Sama wants to meet you personally, but that's something that can wait" She said in her usual calm demeanor as she looked forward towards the garden while you looked at her.

"I'm glad that you are alive and I hope that it will stay that way.." she said after a brief silence. "Well as long as you want me to be, nothing will ever happen to me" You replied in an innocent manner. "I.. I haven't been my real self in so long, but when I'm close to you, it just comes out. You remind me of my sister in a way, (Y/N)-Kun" she said while hugging her knees. "You mean Kanao?" You asked surprised.

"No.. My older sister, her name was Kanae. And she was an angel.. She was so nice she pitied Demons even when she was dying." You could see that she was starting to get angry and sentimental. So you slowly started to approach her as you both were sitting down.

"It's okay if you don't want to continue.. Shinobu" You had gotten so used to saying her name with no honorific or anything, it was basically declaring to her that you liked her. But you didn't even realize this.

"...It's fine, i promised you that i would explain everything, remember?" She took in a deep breath while looking at the Moon.
"Our parents were both killed defending us from a Demon that had gotten in. We saw everything in horror and when the Demon finally turned to us we were saved by Himejima-San which got there in a nick of time."