Chapter 12: New Suit

Start from the beginning

"I missed the feeling of flying in a suit." I groaned as I flew in a circle around Dad.

"You can keep this one. I put all my time and work into that suit so it was combat ready for you to go to space. It's the best I could do for now until I learn more about this tech." Dad pointed to me.

"I just need to make sure you have extra help while you're out there. Especially with this unknown team you always talk about."

I smiled at his protectiveness.

"My brother and his family. And they are an amazing team." I defended them slightly. I actually didn't know how well they worked fully. We only saved the galaxy once together, and that's it.

"We'll need to go somewhere we won't be seen." Dad said.

"Why don't we go visit Harley? We can go out into the forest. Lots of target practice." I suggested with a shrug. I haven't seen him in months! I miss the brat.

"I guess we can visit the kid." Dad nodded in agreement before flying off into that direction. I raced after him.

I made a portal just in front of him making him disappear into it. I flew in after.

~

"You go get him." Dad pointed to the small house closes to the forest we were hiding in.

"Why me? I'm the fugitive here. His mom knows about you and him being close." I pointed to myself as we argued.

"Just use you powers or something." Dad pushes me toward the house. I almost tripped over my feet as his pushed me, but quickly caught myself.

I turned to glare at the older man. He ushered me to go.

I rolled my eyes and teleported to back door, the same one we snuck into the first time we met the 12 year old.

I could hear people talking inside. One sounded like Harley, but I couldn't make out the other.

I knocked on the door, giving my secret knock. I heard something drop and quick footsteps to the door.

I didn't know who the other person was, so I made myself invisible.

The door opened. Harley stood with a smile. He looked around for me. I tapped his nose because he couldn't see me. His grin widened.

"Who's there?" Another boy come walking towards the door. I tilted my head as I looked at the door curiously.

He was a little shorter than Harley. He had short blonde hair and blue eyes. He had on a grey hoodie with some jeans. He looked around 15 or 16, Harley's age.

This must be Will, Harley's friend. He's told me about him before, but I've never met him. I wish I could now, but I don't know him very well and meeting new people isn't the best thing to do right now.

"There isn't anyone here. Probably just someone ding-dong-ditching again." Harley chuckled nervously as I slipped in the door before he closed it.

"I bet it's Chase and those dumbasses again." Will rolled his eyes.

Is this Will? I asked Harley in his head. He just nodded and smiled.

"Will, man, uh, I have something I forgot I have to do." Harley tried to find an excuse for Will to leave.

I just smirked and decided to see if he can handle it. I just hopped onto the stool and watched the two.

"What? Did you forget to pick up your sister from her friends again?" Will raised an eyebrow at Harley. I almost gasped at his words. "Because if you did, your mom's gonna be pissed."