Infinity War

I tried to keep myself still

I tried to keep myself still. I tried to keep my body from shaking and my breathing steady.

I blinked rapidly to stop the tears from falling. I tried to be strong. I'm trying to be strong.

I stared at the body of my friend. The one I could not save. Liam... I'm so sorry. I'm so, so, sorry...

I glanced over to Loki... not knowing what to do. He stood beside Thanos's children. The woman, Proxima, held her staff towards Loki.

My eyes went to Thor, who laid on the ground after having the shit beat out of him by Thanos... the tall, covered in gold armour purple titan that stood over him. 

I could have done more. I could have saved us. We shouldn't be here. This... this wasn't supposed to happen.

Bodies of Asgardians littered the ground beneath us. The walls around us have been destroyed. Fire surrounded us.

My skin was glowing in order for me not to freeze to death.  And these things... I have no idea what they are, surrounded my body.

They were white and very pointy. I think he said something about them originally being for micro surgery, but I was too busy screaming in pain for me to pay attention to the rest.

I couldn't move a muscle as they were either touching my skin or skinning me. Voldemort over here seems to like watching me be in pain.

I looked down at Heimdall. He was laying on the floor having just been stabbed in the side. He's still here though.

He looked up at me. His eyes soft with reassurance, but I can still see the pain and fear behind it.

"Hear me and rejoice." Ebony Maw, Voldemort, spoke as he walked over the innocent people he helped kill. "You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan."

This isn't being saved. This is nothing like that. What is wrong with these people?

"You may think this is suffering. No. It is salvation. Universal scales tip towards balance because of your sacrifice." He announced. He walked up to me and stared at me with a small smirk.

I kept in a groan of pain as I felt on of the white daggers start to enter my stomach.

"Smile. For even in death, you have become children of Thanos." He stopped his assault and stepped away from me.

My lip quiver as I ignored the pain. Using my magic will only cause trouble... especially if they have Loki and Thor in these positions.

I looked over to Loki and our eyes met. His face was covered in dirt and sweat. His lips chapped from the heat around us. His playful smile gone and replaced with a frown.

I could feel his guilt and fear, rising in him like smoke.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." Loki and I turned our attention to where they deep voice came from.