What's the Rush, Right?

Start from the beginning

He bit his lip, "It was funny."

"Whatever, let's just get to the gift shop," Sapnap sighed.

"Wait, I have ten credits left. I'm using it real quick," Dream said, having the audacity to wave his stupid game card in the air before turning on his heel and leaving us behind. I watched him up until he turned a corner and disappeared behind a row of arcade machines.

"Dream is such a turd sometimes," Sapnap grumbled. "He always has to rub in how he's so much better than us."

I shrugged, "It's annoying, yeah, but what are we gonna do about it, right? For as long as I've known him, he's always been that way."

"I mean, yeah. I guess he has," Sapnap mumbled.

We walked up to the counter and handed over the receipts.

"We're combining our tickets," I said. "Sapnap, you go first."

I looked at the selection. Pretty much all of it were toys for little kids— which made sense as it was an arcade.  Up on the wall they had plastic swords and foam pool noodles; Boardgames and giant bouncy balls; Giant stuffed animals and giant rainbow slinkies. Under the counter laid out in rows were small knickknacks like wind up toys and plastic vampire teeth. They also had small candy like fun dip and laffy taffy.

I saw Dream approach, his eyes looking anywhere but at me.

"Have you guys bought anything yet?" He asked, looking under the counter and through the glass to see what was available.

"No," Sapnap said. "But you're using your own tickets, Dream. No sharing."

"Yeah, about that," He scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry for getting your hopes up. I didn't really intend to hurt you guys. It was supposed to be funny. Clearly it wasn't."

"It's fine, Dream," I said. "You do this all the time. We're basically desensitized from it at this point."

He laughed, "Well to make it up to you guys..." He pulled his receipt from his pocket and held it between his index and middle fingers. "You guys can spend it."

"Fuck yeah," Sapnap exclaimed, snatching the receipt from his hand. Judging by Dream's wide eyes, he was probably expecting more protest about it.

"Oh, and George," He held his hands behind his back in a similar way he had done when he had come up to us earlier. "I'm—uh—I'm also pretty good at those claw machines." He outstretched his hand to reveal a small stuffed blue alpaca. "I know you didn't really win anything today."

"Is that what you used the last ten credits for?" I smirked, crossing my arms.

Pink brushed against his cheeks and his ears flared red, "Maybe."

He gazed down at his shoes. I took the alpaca from his hand.

"Thank you, Dream."

He sheepishly smiled at me, "Think of it as a peace offering and-and a reminder of how bad you are."

I rolled my eyes, "You're such an idiot."

"Alright, George. Your turn," Sapnap said. I turned around to see him with an entire bag of candy as well as a plastic sword.

I laughed and faced the woman behind the counter. I scanned the entire mini store carefully until my attention became drawn to a specific item.

***

"I can't believe that you had a thousand tickets and you spent it all on a giant stuffed panda bear," Dream lectured on the drive back home. His eyes were locked mainly on the road, but every so often he'd take a quick glance at me.