"Fuck off," Faith mumbled as tears began to well up in the corner of her eyes. "You don't fucking know me."

The lights flickered in the classroom and immediately, Alaric rose from leaning against his desk and slammed the wooden stake against Faith's hand. The siphoner let out a scream of pain, causing Caroline to turn her head away. Everyone knew about the siphoner's past, so the blonde held in her tears at Faith's pain. She was probably reliving every horrible thing her mother did to her.

"Try to escape and I'll break your other hand," Alaric threatened.

Faith whimpered in pain as tears trailed down her face. "Stop, please," she begged.

"See, I can't do that," Alaric said. "You're the only person other than his family that cares about, Faith. I need to keep you here if not, he won't come to rescue you."

• • • •

"Right on time," Alaric said to himself.

Soon after Elena arrived at the classroom to see the blonde vampire and the raven-haired siphoner being held in the classroom. "Caroline, Faith," the brunette looked at Alaric. "Let them go, Alaric!"

He calmly pointed at them. "Free them yourself."

Cautiously, Elena walked over to Caroline. She glanced at Faith in reassurance before looking up at the blonde. She started to gently pull the wooden pencil out of Caroline's hand, but Alaric slammed back down. The vampire let out a painful scream as Faith jumped at the sudden motion with closed eyes.

Elena got up from the ground and began to back away from the history teacher. "You said that you would let them go!"

"How many times do I have to tell you, Elena?" Alaric demanded. "Stop trusting vampires!"

• • • •

Klaus walked up to the Gilbert residence with a propane tank and a newspaper lit on fire. As he was about to throw the newspaper torch, Stefan came out from the house. "Put it out," Stefan told him.

"Come outside and make me," Klaus provoked.

Without hesitation, the vampire walked outside to the porch. "Elena's not here. Alaric has her and Caroline and he's going to kill them both unless you turn yourself over to him."

Klaus only smirked. "Then I guess they die."

"He also has Faith and he already broke her hand," Stefan finished.

The hybrid paused. Rebekah had told him about the history teacher turning into a vampire but she never mentioned Faith being captured. His sister told her she left before they were attacked by Alaric.

Klaus threw the lit newspaper to the side and turned his full attention to the vampire with his yellow-amber eyes filled with red with the vampire veins shining with pure anger. "Now, I know you're not asking me to walk to certain death."

"